Rave Movie Review: High Tunnels

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I've posted this over on the Homestead board too, but there seems to be a somewhat different crowd over here, and I thought you might like to know about it...

This is a DVD put out by the University of Vermont Center for Sustainable Agriculture. It's a great overview of various types of farming under high tunnels: cut flower, orchard, and CSA. Farmers interviewed are in CT, VT, NY, and PA. It has both multi-bay operations and multiple single bay set-ups. Benefits and drawbacks, temperature regulation are briefly covered... as I say, it's an overview. It's wonderfully inspiring to see how much, and what can be grown under plastic.

I'd strongly recommend it for someone just getting interested in high tunnels...
The website is: [HYPERLINK@www.uvm.edu]

=0) Jay

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!