When is the plant sale in Gainesville, Ga?

Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have the date yet for the spring plant sale in Gainesville, Ga? I attended the fall sale last year and really enjoyed meeting Daves' Gardeners and the plants. Sharon

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Sharon, I met you there! Here's the link, it's April 10 and 11.
http://www.hcmgs.com/page/page/5175722.htm
They are also doing a garden tour June 13. I'm glad you asked about this because I need to put both events on my calendar. The Hall Co MGs do a fabulous job on all their events.

Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

I will try and attend on the 11th, hope to see you again! Sharon

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Pam, thanks for the info. I'll mark my calendar.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

I just sent out an email to all my friends to see if I can get a few of them to go. It sounds exciting.

JoAnn

Lula, GA

I would like to meet some of you that I have met at RU in past year's @ the plant expo this year in Gainesville. Friday is the busiest day of the expo. I will be helping my friend, Mary, who sells hellebores. She is selling a few really lovely doubles for a very resonable price. She has lots of nice single hellebores, too. And hydrangeas. So, I will be around her booth in the morning, til about 11 am.

We have 60 vendors this year- more than ever.

Bring your truck and get a load of leaf mulch loaded, for free!

Let me know if any of you DGers will be there and when. It would be fun to meet there.

Brenda B

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Brenda, I'll stop by and see you. I usually end up going both days - I have buyer's remorse for the things I did NOT buy Fri., so I have to go again on Sat.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Still working on getting some friends to go.

JoAnn

Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

I will be there if all goes well. My cousin will be with me again, hope to see you all there. We will go on Saturday morning. I am looking forward to seeing what 60 vendors can put together, there should be a large selection. I have shopped all weekend and have been very disappointed. It seems there is nothing new out this year. I want something different, do any of you get tired of the same old varieties? Sharon

Lula, GA

i'm looking forward to seeing y'all. I do income tax prep, and that weekend is the last big push before the 15th. I will be there both mornings til about 11am or so. Dmail me if you want my cell phone # to keep in touch. My office is less than 10 minutes away from Chicopee Ag Center.

I'm a pretty jaded plant shopper, it is hard to find new stuff at the box stores, but I always walk away with 6-8 new plants from the Expo. And check out the 30-minute gardening classes they give all day on Friday- something for everyone.

Brenda

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 4:45 PM

(Beth) L'ville, GA(Zone 7b)

I plan to attend the plant sale on Friday, and probably Saturday. Hope to meet some of you there! Beth

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What time does it start? :) I will be up at the lake and it is a 30 minute drive.. Not sure if i can get away, but i have a map printed.

:)

Susan

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't see any times on the web site. Pam, what time does it open?

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Our house is a wreck - in new flooring mode and I cannot find the flyer. But it's early - 8 or 9.

Lula, GA

It is 8 am that it opens.

Closes @ 6 pm on Friday and 4:30 pm on Saturday.

I will be @ Mary's Shade Perennials booth both mornings.

Brenda

This message was edited Apr 9, 2009 5:12 PM

Flowery Branch, GA

Just came from the Potting Shed. They will be having some REALLY neat items other than plants at the sale! Bought a hummingbird night light this morning and it is gorgeous!

Debby

Lula, GA

Just to let everyone attending the Plant Expo to know that the whole Expo is under cover- it is held in the arena @ Chicopee Ag Center. The sides are open, and it can get a little windy, so bring a sweater!

See y'all tomorrow or Saturday!

Brenda B

This message was edited Apr 9, 2009 5:11 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.