Help on germinating seeds

Oak Hill, FL(Zone 9b)

I need advice on germinating Clivia seeds, thanks, Ed

Oak Hill, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you KJ. I have seed pods ripening for the first time and unsure where to go from here. I crossed an unknown double pink with a 'Black Pearl'. The 'Black Pearl' to the dbl pink took extremely well. The dble pink to the Black Pearl has aborted all but one seed pod and that one isn't looking too good.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I have some pods ripening as well - mine are a cross between Apple Blossom, Minerva and Red Lion. I will put a piece of nylon netting around mine when they start to ripen so they don't drop all over the place! Let us know how yours are doing.

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Sure will! Nylon netting? Huh. This is my first cross. I didn't know the seed pods would burst. Guess I'd better get something ready because they are close - getting yellow and wrinkly. I've got cats who will quickly drag them to the four corners of the house on their feet.

I have no idea if they will 'burst' or not, but I'm not taking any chances!

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Wise decision. I'm doing what you're doing!

Ya - I had a Datura seed pod that was almost ripe - it blew up over night and dropped all the seeds on the ground - won't let that happen EVER again - when I get a 'keeper' seed pod, it gets the nylon netting and a twist tie treatment!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.