Good ol' mom and dad!

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

My mother was left with the task of digging up my glads and dahlias this fall. I had already left for NC before frost so it was up to her. I called her to remind her that it was time and she got it done in a timely manner. I was suprised. She tends to put things off till its too late usually.

well she called me and told me about how the glads and dahias had really reproduced over the summer. She also said that she started dividing the dahlias. I asked what do you mean. Well, " I have been pulling each root apart". I stopped her immediately. Dont do that anymore!!! They have to have an eye. I hope she didnt get through to many. EEEEKKKKK!

I have bad luck with parents and dahlias. My father killed my first dinner plate dahlies. They were given to me by a sweet old lady that i meet just once. They bloomed beautifully the first summer. I pulled them up after the first frost and brought them into the house. I looked around one day and couldnt find them. There they were, on the back porch, frozen solid. My deer father put them out there cus they were in the way!!! thanks pop!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Divorce-Your-Parents

Tongue in cheek link for you! You should show your mom the 'sticky' at the top of the dahlia forum and let her learn about different dividing techniques. Or refer her to www.dahlias.net Good thing you stopped her when you did. My mom would have just said "Do it yourself!"

As for your dear dad, well, what can you say? Sorry he blundered at the expense of your tubers. I've lost many plants to the DH's weed whacking trips around the yard. Amazing how they can't recognize a plant from a weed!

Thanks. My dad took the lawn mower to my daylilies once. He got an earfull from me. Didn't kill em of course but still!

I got very sad news today. My mother took my cat, chloie, to the vet today because she has been sick for a bit. They discovered she had cancer very bad. They had to put her to sleep. I have had her for 16 years. Got her as a little kitten. I wish i could go home to see her.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat Flowrgirl. So hard if you're far away too. 16 years is a good lifetime for a cat and I hope you have 16 years' worth of memories to ease your loss. This is the hardest part of having pets, but they add so much to daily life when they are with us. Take care, and think of all the good times with Chloie.

thank you. i will miss her dearly. She always slept in my bed with me and even gave birth to her first litter of kittens in my bed much to my suprise!!! A kitten woke me up in the middle of the night scratching at my leg. i hurried up and got her a cat bed ready and stayed up with her all night. She had 4 healthy little kittens. One i named Greytoven because he had all while toes except for one grey one.

thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.