colored slip...could some one help me with this one?

Ashland City, TN

Colored slip...can someone send me to a thread that talks about your experiences with colored slip? Do you make your own or do you buy it premixed and ready to go? If you add your own color to your slip where do you buy the powder. I have read a library book about things to add to your slip but it was so technical that I gave up. If that is the way it works, I would like to buy a bottle of powder and just pour the correct amount into the slip, etc.

I have mixed some cover coat under glaze - low fire glaze - in with some low fire slip (for my mermaid) and that worked ok. I would have add a clear glaze and fire twice if I wanted the glossy look but with all the different colored under glazes there is a lot of potential there. But I'd like more brilliant colors. Any help?

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!