going to a Master grdener thing

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm going to a master gardener thing in Midland on Feb. 21 with my brl gardener Bill I can't wait its a day long thing I'm not sure what it is realy he went last year and told me about it I just know it will be great I need to find out more details ;0)
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

all right its a seminar put on by Dow Gardens there will be speakers and lots of other things going on its Feb. 21 from 8:30 am to 4: pm cost is 60.00 its called the Know & Grow seminar Its at the Center for the Arts more info at dowgardens.org

Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gloria

I have signed up for the Dow Garden seminar also....The featured speaker will be Barbara Damrosch who is the author of THE GARDEN PRIMER, THEME GARDENS and the PAGE -A-DAY GARDENER'S calendar. The other two are Pat Stone who is from N. Carolina to share Real Gardeners True Confessions. He is also co-author for the book CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE GARDENER'S SOUL. The last speaker is from Dow Gardens, and is on staff there she is the entomologist for Dow. For those who don't know what a entomologist is, it is the study of bugs to put it in laymens language.

Gloria, lets try to hook up and meet there...Not sure how we will do that as there are so many people, but maybe we can each wear a pink carnation or something, LOL....only kidding....but I am sure we will figure it out.....keep in touch.

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

would love to meet up with you brother-in-law Bill and I will be there around 8:30 I wonder if any one else is going I think it will be a great time
Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gloria.....do you have a cell phone......lets swap cell phone numbers and we can find each other by that....maybe meet at a vendor table...or something. I have been to a few of Dow Gardens seminars and they are really great....you will enjoy it....by the way....are you a Master Gardener....this seminar is good for 5 educational hours....

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Deann I don' t have a cell phone and I'm not a master gardener but Bill is pick a vender or a place and time and we can go from there I'm so excited ;0)
Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gloria

Does Bill have a cell phone??? I will have to find out what vendors they are having....we will be in touch.....looking forward to meeting you...

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hay Deann are you ready? I am !! I think Bill is picking me up around 8am so we will be there at 8;30 now if I can just find you I don't know if he has a cell phone or not ;0( hope tosee you there
Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi gloria

I am as ready as I ever will be......I am car pooling with 3 other members of my Master Gardener group, but will try and find you. I understand we will sit in an auditorium and for lunch go into another room with tables. I will D-mail you my cell phone number just in case Bill does have a cell phone. If so, you can call me and we will somehow find each other.

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Its going to be so fun I just know it !!!!
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Have fun ladies-suppose to be a snow storm tomorrow!!!!
Dee has her picture on her daves page-just look low she is short! :)
(luv ya mom) hope you meet up and have a great time!!!

Sanford, MI

Does anyone happen to know the name of a tree that has red berries on it all year. It doesnt grow very large & is quite beautiful in the winter. It has red berries on it right now, no leaves. I see it all around this area used in landscaping. I went to a Seminar at the Center of the Arts yesterday with my sisterinlaw, Gloria & was told it might be called "Highbush Cranberry". I checked on the internet, & that is not the tree.. Any help is appreciated.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Is it a crabapple tree?

Mountain Ash get clumps of berrys in the fall and flowers in the spring

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

gardenbill............so nice to see you here on the Michigan forum....

Deann

Sanford, MI

Loon,
I do believe your right on that. Looked on the internet and found trees that look like the one I saw in Midland.
Thank you for your help,

Gardenerbill

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey gals (and guy I guess)! How was the seminar? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

It was wonderful Barbara Damrosch was the main speaker that I wanted to see I love organic gardening I got her book and love it!!!
Gloria ;0)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

PJ.......I meet Gloria there for the first time. I really enjoyed all of the speakers. If you ever have the opportunity to hear Pat Stone talk, don't miss him....He wrote the book Chicken Soup for the Gardeners Soul. He was very entertaining. I bought his book also.

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I should have gotten that one also but I will
its raining like crazy here right now hope it dosen't freeze to night ;0(
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

rain here and i dont think its going to freeze here!! fingers crossed

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

My son and his girlfriend just left to go back to Vasser they came to tell us that they are getting married on MARCH 17 th nothing like a lot of notice !!!! they don't want any fuss and thought that was a good day and its my day off (thoughtful) got to love my boy
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria,

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your son. Be glad they don't want a lot of fuss. Fuss equals big bucks. :) Have fun and may their marriage be blessed with many happy years together.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thank you !!! Dawn wanted me to force some forcithia (sp) but I'm thinking NOT I don't see any buds yet. They do make some real nice fake ones though ??
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Cograts....on the marriage with no fuss.... We are going thru all the fuss right now. Loon is correct about the big bucks!!! Really I guess the amount of the reception kinda equals what it would be and time if we did the work ourselves??? Im thinking. It will be a wonderful night. Not until September. We have to watch the number invited to keep the cost down. Keri ...the bride is very good about keeping tabs on everything!!! She is a lot like me! Her mom. I guess I taught her well. (patting self on back) LOL. Have a great saturday. I am going to be in the bathroom, we are tearing the "barn siding" off the walls. Can not wait to get it down. Ronna

Sanford, MI

Gloria,

Linda renewed my DG subcription today, good for another year!!!!!
Whose getting married?
Bill

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Good for you !!! I'm glade your going to be here for an other year hope you get on here more than last year after all ou are RETIERD

Ed and Dawn on the 17th they decided that St. Pattys day was the perfect day I love having a lot of time to do things I'll call when I get more details
Gloria

Sanford, MI

I bought a Newport Plum tree for my sister-in-law. She lives in near Traverse City and I planted the tree in her front yard. They are in zone 4 and the tree hasn't grown a foot in 3yrs. Is it possible that it's just cold there? It is alive and blooms the pink flowers in spring.
I have one in my back yard and it's 12 ft. tall. I know were in zone 5, could that be the differance?
gardenerbill

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Bill did you try the tree forum??? Is Becky watering it ;0)
Gloria

Sanford, MI

Gloria,
Not familiar with the tree forum. Where is it? Becky did water it. They actually were watering it every day. I told here to back a little on the water.

Bill

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Bill go to communities and every thing is there you can find just about any thing there ;0)
Gloria

Sanford, MI

Gloria,
Went to thr tree forum and got info from 2 people , California and Ohio.
They seemed to know alot about that tree. It was a geat help.

Thanks for the heads up on the forum,
Bill

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

your welcome ;0)

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

How was the wedding? Are you still resting this morning from the work of it? LOL!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

it went off with out a hitch what a beautiful day as soon as I get the pics I took on the computer I'll put one up it was a very in formal Celtic wedding by a lake soo cool
Gloria

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhhh....I can't wait!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Glad the wedding went well. Can't wait to see the pictures. You lucked out with great weather!

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Bride Dawn and my son Ed

Thumbnail by glevely
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

What a great picture. THey look so happy. Good thing it was warm or she would have had goosebumps in that dress. :) May they have many happy years together.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks Brenda out there by the water was a little cool but the sun did feel real nice It was kind of windy but we could not have gotten a nicer day for March
I thought to my self if it would have been any other St Pattys day she would have been a blue popcical (sp) ;0)

Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yahoo they do look great and glad to hear the day went FINE!!! congrats

Patricia's son got married a few years ago on pattys day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.