1/23/09 still have daffodils and hyacinths and snowdrops

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

It's in the 60's. I have some daffodils and hyacinths and snowdrops and alliums. [ Please don't judge me ;-) ] Should I plant them today or just force them. My other daffodils are already coming up.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Judge not.....etc.
So I am NOT (so happens I have 3 daff bulbs in the garage that I meant to plant at the Sr. Center, but, uh, did not)..
I have in the past planted late like this and they did not bloom that year. But they came back fine the following year. So go for it I say. They sure won't last otherwise. :) Crossing my gardening fingers for you.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

OK, I'm going out to try to find places to put them. Indecisiveness is what go me where I am today... with bulbs and plants in my garage!

Thanks for the info. :-)

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

3 - If you can't get them into their permanent home, just dig a hole somewhere & put them in. - Cedar is right - they'll just die if you don't! You can always transplant them next fall (IF you remember !!) Samantha

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

I received 5 daffodil bulbs in a trade that were already sprouting so I planted them in a large pot because I haven't really decided where I want to plant them. I can transplant when I've decided or wait until they're done blooming to transplant in their permanent spot. Maybe that'll work for you, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.