We must really be farmers now!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I love gardening and this year I have ambitious plans to really expand my plantings. I have a small flock of chickens that will soon grow due to the perseverance of my little broody hen. We have a herd of horses. But yesterday we became real farmers when we bought not one but two PIGS! Yes, we have ventured into the world of swine. Pigs are nothing new to DH and I. We both grew up raising a pig each year to put in the freezer. But this is the first pig adventure for our DGS. Both the pigs are young. One is a sow and the other a boar. We are not sure of their contributions yet. We may eat one and sell the other. Or sell one, breed the other and sell and eat the offspring. It's all up in the air at the moment. They are definitely not pets though they will be treated with all kindness and will be very much appreciated for what they add to our lives.

So, without further ado (sp?) I give you Spare Rib and Pork Chop

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 90 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!