Ambassadour :One of the 'whites'

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

#

Thumbnail by brical1
Coushatta, LA

Beautiful colors.

Crestview, FL

Brical: I noticed you have lots of cannas and all are very stunning to say the least, they all look healthy and beautiful. Might I ask how you care for them? I mean, what makes them so pretty?
joy112854

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Joy, ...3 things.Plenty of sun, good rich soil and water.. all these cannas are on a drip system and are watered twice a week in summer..the soil is enriched with blood&bone(bonemeal)& potash once a year usually at the end of winter (August here in Aus)& occasionally a little cow manure and/or wheat straw as a mulch. Hope this helps.Cheers

Thumbnail by brical1
Crestview, FL

Brical1: Oh, I didn't know about the bone meal, I knew that was important for daffodils, thanks. I was planning to redo my beds this Spring as my cannas will need dividing. I was going to dig them up then weed the bed, add about 1 part compost, 1 part spaghum peat moss and 3 parts of the soil back into the ground. Then replant the canna lilies and water them with compost tea. I was going to do this late March or early April, as it is freezing right now. Would it be okay to add the bone meal then? How much do you use per plant?
joy112854

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.