gold coin grass

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

gold coin grass, aka.....
Chinese gold coin grass
Jin Qian Cao
lysimachia christinae

I had gallbladder surgery last month, and unfortunately I also have stones in the common duct, and these were not removed when the gallbladder was removed. I might have to have another surgery (endoscopic) to get the stones out of the duct. I am told this is a dangerous procedure, so I am looking for alternate methods to get the stones to pass or dissolve.

In my reasearch I read about an herb called gold coin grass. It is frequently used in gallbladder and liver "flushes," but I am not willing to try that. But I also read that taken over a long time (daily for 12 mos.) that using only the herb can dissolve the stones. So, I ordered some and took my first dose (1 T in a cup of hot tea). Not too bad tasting--very herby--but there is a dramatic side effect. Seems it is also a powerful diuretic! After taking this for a few days, I can see that no one should take it daily. It would seriously upset one's electrolyte balance if taken over time.

BUT, I thought I would pass this info on to any of you interested in an occasional "natural" diuretic. I researched this herb some more, and I found that it has other properties....

lithontripic (dissolves gall and kidney stones)
diuretic (causes frequent urination)
antiphlogistic (anti-inflammatory)
cholagogue (promotes discharge of bile)
depurative (purifies blood)
febrifuge (anti-fever)

Does anyone have any experience with this herb? As for me, I will keep it around but only use it occasionally.

Pen

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!