Poochella's Merry Little 09 Dahlia Season Contest Part 2

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here you go. We came from here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/935842/

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

me first to try here..another .....,96,336,425,000!

edited...sorry,.....fingers faster than brain.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2009 7:51 PM

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Not to be a nag but jsxtiger, did you mean for that period before your 000s to be a comma? Just say yes or no, you don't even have to retype it, because I bet you did mean a comma.

So, graceful_garden, jsxtiger and Daisyruffles need to amend mistyped guesses from the past couple days if you care to.

Granny why are you confused? I hope I didn't make an error to confuse you! Could happen though.

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

OOPS! I got carried away!! (imagine that!!) Sorry about the extra digit - My old guess was actuallysupposed to be: 96,336,810,059.
New guess for today is: 96, 336,243,201. Thanks, Samantha

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My latest guess from the last thread to make it easier on you Pooch was....96,300,300,300 Gosh how are you keeping up!! ☺

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think she has one of those whizzy microsoft guys visiting from Seattle.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Probably...I was trying to recruit some math helpers myself but they all got a real funny look in their eyes!!!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I have all your guesses in a notebook. It's easy. The computer's calculator is a breeze. So don't feel bad, guess away. Just remember that I'm only calculating DAILY guesses, not comprehensive closest guesses,but you are all the closest ever right now. Honing in like a swarm of hornets! Someone tonight is going to be the closest ever.

Samantha, I can't include your amended guess for 1/21. If you want it as a 2nd guess for today, that'd be just fine with me, just say the word.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Can you post more than one number to count for the day?

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

No problem, Poochie - just make it for today - can't hurt to have 2 for today, can it? Samantha

come on, come on.....momma needs a new pair of boots filled with dahlia's! seven come eleven......and throw......96,340,510,096!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Methinks jsxtiger needs to up the meds a tad

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

jsxtiger LOL!!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL you are all tickling the funny bone which feels a whole lot better than the wrist bones today! 7 come 11 LOL

YES Makshi you can guess as many times a day as you want. Just try to keep it reasonable, as in no computer generated lists of hundreds of numbers please!

Okay Samantha, luvs, and jsx your guesses are noted.

I'll take guesses til 8 pm PST again: fire away for the next hour and 15 min.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Well roll out the barrell- a guesser of extraordinary talent or luck, has not only cracked the 'millions off' but is Queen of the Guessing Scene now off only in the hundred thousands place! My fingers thank you!

So the leader for 1/22 and a model for future guessing is...................

Makshi at 96,338,400,400. Congratulations! This is the very best guess to date! Way to go makshi.

This calls for Unforgettable, another one I should have available if interested.

Thumbnail by Poochella
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Story of my life, switch to new tread I get lost. Poor me LOL.

Great job Makshi.

New guess for the morrow, as I have to do mine the day before, RATS

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Plenty of time to guess Tils. And where is/are your guess/es for 1/23? Are you mashing the calculator coming up with 100 fantastic guesses?

Who is that lovely many-petalled bloom you have there?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Just doing my job LOL

That is 'Orion'

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

my guess with my breakfast.....96,338,545,000

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning All~

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Today's stab in the dark : ( went to get the flashlight)

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009 7:51 AM

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

mom,

makshi already guessed that number. my guess is 96,338,479,500.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hummmmmm getting tougher. Today for me.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

whoops, I did mention that it was dark..........

good morning, fellow burned out brains. 96,337,999,000 is the best i can cough up this am. at this rate, i won't even win one dahlia! boo hooo.......

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmmmm.......... 96,338,189,900. jsxtiger - What - no drumroll?!!! No spitting on the "dice" ? LOL Samantha

nah! got ta save a little energy to get all my winnings in the ground!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Good going guys. Joyce, couldn't you just spit a little while you shake the numbers in your head? That was funny! Can't even think about planting yet. Yesterday I was able to pick up stakes that were still lying in state in the garden. I'm way behind in winter clean up!

Granny, don't stab in the dark: you're likely to trip over the dog.

Keep guessing, as many times as you want per day, until 8 pm PST. I'll be back tonight.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

There very best thing about all the snow here is that all the stakes, trash, paraphenalia, and forgot-to-do's are neatly hidden until Spring.
I can trip over Snickers in the daylight, she is at my side always. One never knows when a treat is going to fall out of the sky.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL. granny probably doesthink that if don't see ya drop it. : )

Ok one more guess for today,

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I'll give another go at it before going to work for the night...how about~96,330,250,000.

spining, spinning.....and it's slowing down....beginning to stop......stopping......! awwww, later for this......I figured my gallon of Bailey's has 96,340,369,000 drops in it, and i trust my Bailey!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

No more guesses? Most of you are down to just a few hundred thousand off.
Makshi was the leader/closest last night at 96,338,400,400 and tonight there's a new best guesser who is.....................
the

one

and

only

Starlight! Way to go Starlight. Good things come to those who wait and guess.

Tonight, your winning guess of 96,338,610,000 is the closest YET. Merely working on a mere few thousands now. The trillions are history, the millions are nailed down by most, so just focus on the last few winning numbers to make your new guesses. Or just guess with reckless abandon, what do I care?

I'm going to be working the next 3 days but I'll at least try to get here Sunday evening to post. Meanwhile, happy brain-wracking!

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Nighty-night, Poochella! You are earning a "MAJOR AWARD" (read: leg lamp!!!)! for doing all this math! Take a well-earned break (& go to work???) HMMMMMM! Anyway, I know guessing is done for the night - very interesting news about starlight........
Can I start tomorrow's guessing NOW???!!! (I have a meeting in the morning!)
Saturday morning's first guess: 96,338,612,345. Nighty-nigh,t ALL!! Samantha

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow, this is mind boggling,

If your gone till Sun. How you going to do Sat. Numbers? or do we have a day off from thinking LOL

Mine for Sat.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

jsxtiger you make me laugh!!

An after work guess before bed will end my night!!

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

mine for saturday.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL I had to google "leg lamp!" Creepy! Afraid I'm not familiar with the Christmas Story movie it seems connected to. I am always glad to have a job to go to that is much easier physically than working around here, especially in the planting, growing, digging seasons.

Yes Graceful_Garden Samantha, guess away! As soon as the 7-8 pm deadline passes one night, those guesses get put on the next day's list for that night's tally.
Frankly, if I were you guys, I'd be guessing 20 times a day or per post! You're all sooooooooo polite.

Tilly, just for you I'll come back tomorrow by 8pm PST, no sweat.

Night luvs! Pet the big gigantic great dane if you still have one or two or three!! Imagine having that poundage to trip over in one home? They are such sweet dogs.

Night Flowrgirl1- happy guessing!

Dahlianut, if you're out there: parade preparation might be requested sooner than I thought. Are you up for it?

Be back tomorrow evening by 8 then.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh......... I so nervous to guess today.

which way do I go.. up or down or in between. Wish I had some yatzee dice to roll.

ok here a couple for today

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Still 3 Great Danes here!!! Tripped over them numerous times!!

A couple of guesses for today~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.