What are you Hatching/Planting or Planning for this spring?

(Zone 7b)

Just thought i would get on a warm happy topic going ;)
I'm so ready for spring i have so much i want to do this year in my garden and my flock.

Please share your plans and dreams for the warm fresh spring days ahead ^_^

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Pretty Harmony.
My dreams are warm and yellow. I want to add more color to the landscape. I love yellow. Its my favorite color. I NEED spring...soon! ♥

(Zone 7b)

Nice Jeanmarie some pretty yellow flowers in a nice bed on a sunny warm day i'm feeling it

these are blanket flowers and one of my favorites they do have a little yellow in them

Clarkson, KY

Ooooh. I want those!!!

(Zone 7b)

What about Butterflys anybody dreaming of a Butterfly Garden I'm dreaming of one.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I have a wonderful Butterfly garden. With bee bomb, Marconi daisies, butterfly bushes, purple cone flowers, and such. I love it!!!!

Clarkson, KY

Well, I already want everything so I should probably just back off and shut it...:-)

(Zone 7b)

You Have My Dream Garden

I found a Yellow Daylily with a Yellow Butterfly

(Zone 7b)

Now Grow won't you Please! Share with us♥

Clarkson, KY

When I get there, Har...in all its fuzzy glory...;-)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh I am so dreaming of hummingbirds and butterflys. We have about a little over a month and all this cold should be over or at least not real cold. We are suppose to be 70 tomorrow and then the bucket falls out friday and a cold front moves in with possible of sleet and ice.

I have a lilac bush budding This will be her 2nd season. I have brugs sprouting in the house and some other bulds. I went searching yesterday for times to plant and so far what I have found root veggies I will plant 2-15 Then start corn the end of march.

I have 3 doz -1 RIR eggs due Feb 3rd and going to set the eggs that didnt break in shipping today and they are "suppose" to be Blue Jersey Giants. We will see the color of these eggs are real different from each other.

(Zone 7b)

Nice Luvs♥

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ohhh exciting! I do luvvvv the blue!!! I sure hope you get some BJG!!

Here is my front landscape just before the snow. fall 08.

Thumbnail by sewincircle
(Zone 7b)

Lovely Just Lovely♥

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

You can see the leaves I did not pick out! oops! hehehe
I will have to look for photos of the butterfly garden and the fire pit.
I may have to call DH to email me some. ;)
Oh ya, tomorrow is my first day of school and who knows what will come up before hand so....
Harmony, here is a big Bday wish of sunshine and fun to you for Friday!!!

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Awwwwww!!!! My picture did not go on!!!! ohhh man!! That ruins it! :(
Sorry!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Okay! Now we are talking!!! Happy Birthday! I had to find a good one because your card was really funny!!!

Thumbnail by sewincircle

Ok now it is settled, your hubby HAS to come over here and do me some landscaping PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I throw in some duck eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is beautiful.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh, dont say duck! He'd NEVER come!!!! hehehe
He is freaked about all the toot toot babies coming in the bator! LOL

lol ok no duck eggs that HE would know of.

Here is my blue girl she is sooooooooooo pretty

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Harmony, I almost missed the butterfly in the middle of that flower!!! Pretty!

Luvs, that is a beautiful girl. I do luv blue.

Here is one of my "boys" Pic is a little fuzzy.

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
(Zone 7b)

Luvs is that a self blue bantam??? Is there a roo and future eggs???

Nope no bantams here anymore. These are gonna be my breeding stock once they lay again. I have 3 roos and 3 hens. I am putting the hen, what I call a Lav, with the self blue roo. I have 2 chicks right now that are lav not sure as to the sex of them yet. They hatched out around Thanksgiving. Speaking of them these chicks are going out to the coop in a separate cage real soon. Gotta make room for the RIR chicks to hatch in 2 week. They will stay in the house for maybe a week and then out they go in a covered heated brooder.

(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the card Jean Marie I just love it!!! I hope you have a great Birthday Too!!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

No new animals this year. But more planting. =0) Rejuvenating flower beds (neglected them last couple of years and the weeds took over), got a notice yesterday the greenhouse has shipped (wooo-hooo), so more veggies. Gonna try for fresh melon for the big splurge this year.

I'm looking forward to no more crummy WalMart veggies. bleech. >=0P

Happy B-day to you both!
=0)
Jay

This message was edited Jan 21, 2009 9:34 AM

Ferndale, WA

HAPPY-BIRTHDAY HARM: May your day be filled with all good things. Haystack.

Is it your B-day today Harm. Well then Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Zone 7b)

OOPS JeanMarie you made people think it's my birthday.

Thanks yall my birthday is going to be this friday and sewincircle aka JeanMarie birthday is tomarrow.

She's just excited i sent her a card and she was wanting to thank me by giveing me a card here.

awwwwwwwwwww I see well then Happy birthday JeanMarie tomorrow and Harm on Friday.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday to all and the flowers are awesome looking... I am tired of looking at desert scrub and such, I think I may have to plant something.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Y'all are dying for spring, and I'm wondering what happened to winter... we had like maybe 2 weeks of it. I didn't get nearly the reading done, the hot chocolate drunk, the snow angels made I was planning on...

It's 65* out there right now and as I was walking by the roses, I noticed their buds are starting to swell and the blinking leaf hoppers have hatched! There are swarms of BUGS out there! Little virus ridden bug-eyed hopping varmints... and the birds are all still souther, so those little trouble makers are just having a regular love fest out there. Cut That Out! It's not time for birds, bees, etc!

Bugs. Grrrrr...

(Zone 7b)

Okay i'll trade you 25 frozen waters i have to give cups to in 18 degree weather with a wind chill of 2 How about my high light bill from running the warm lights so the chickens don't freeze and the electric heaters i use to keep my pipes from freezing.
Oh and you will soon need some wood it's allmost gone for the wood heater hope you got 100.00 bucks for a load.
Bugs sound pretty good to me........

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oops! Sorry bout that guys! Harms bday is Friday. I just wont be here tomorrow and maybe Friday. I start back to school. Just getting a jump on the fun! hehehe
I am also ready for a cup of sunshine. I will take a spot in the green house however. LOL

Clarkson, KY

Well A Very Merry Un-Birthday to YOU, JM!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Wooohooo! Thanks Grow. First day back to school everytime it seems. :/

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh ho, I've already got the wood... what we need is moisture or the forest will be burning again this year, the ranges will fail and the ranches go under, and wells will start going dry again and the water in town will be rationed again. OH yeah, and of course everything's going to bud out and then we'll have a hard freeze just for yucks and grins.

Sure you want this? LOL

All I can say is thank heavens for floating row covers.

But I'll grant you, it's allowing me to get things done that didn't get done in the fall... like my pea beds. Finished 'em today!

Thumbnail by Jayryunen
Clarkson, KY

Wow -look at you go!! Those are bales, right?! On the left?! ermmm...

(Zone 7b)

Just Kiddin there i wouldn't trade where i live it's susposed to be up to 60 here by the weekend ^_^

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Yes those are hay bales that I got in a shipment of hay for the donks that were too nasty to even think of feeding. So I've used them to help terrace the slope. I don't know how long they'll last, but at least they're doing something useful this year.

You'll notice my land slopes to the north (not perfect for growing things), so I've terraced it and sloped the beds a little to the south to catch early solar gain. That's the theory, anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.