pottery kiln information

East Aurora, NY(Zone 5a)

I want to do glass fusing and need a kiln. I know someone that is selling a pottery kiln and am wondering if I can do glass in it. Its a big kiln that needs a 220 line. I originally decided against it because I didn't want a huge kiln in my basement, plus I'll need a 220 line re-installed. (had one that a contractor removed from my kitchen) I don't remember the name of the kiln because I decided against it a few months ago. Now that I'm laid off, I'm reconsidering it because I can get it for less than a small glass kiln I'm sure. I also have to include the cost of a 220 line if the line isn't still hooked up in my basement. I also think that I should take some classes because I know nothing about kilns and glass fusing but I love the look of it. I think I'd like the option of fusing wine bottles for craft shows so I think I may need a larger kiln. My first interest is in making pendants, earrings, and bowls and plates. Thoughts? Advice?

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!