Wallpaper: Which type of paste to use?

Danville, IN

I'm finally getting around to installing some hand-printed wallpaper (actually a frieze) in our dining room which we've remodeled and painted. Unfortunately, I've seemed to have misplaced the instructions regarding which type of paste to use. I remember reading to be careful as to what kind of paste to use. It's a type of reproduction "Arts and Crafts" wallpaper that I ordered two years ago (it took a while to get the room ready!), and since it was rather pricey, I don't want to ruin it by using the wrong paste that will bleed through. Is there any other kind of paste other than vinyl and old-fashioned wheat paste? Is there a way to "seal" the wallpaper to keep it from absorbing any possible stains since it's not coated? It's been so long, I can't even find the website of the supplier to contact them! Any help/advice would be appreciated.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!