Looking for a thread

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I am looking for a thread I read today but don't remember what forum it was on. It was about Burpee seed co being under a big umbrella with other seed companies, seed patents and Monsanto having a chemical that renders seeds impotent. Any of you see that thread? Thanks.

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

You may be referring to a thread by loon on the container box (earthbox) forum. It was titled "Do you know where your seeds come from?" Very good info there. Many seed companies are part of a larger group and share the same management.
This has resulted in less variety of seeds being offered.

Monsanto has many strange new products. They have seed that will produce crops with sterile seeds. This is to prevent farmers everywhere from saving their own seeds. They are also one of the foremost organizations involved in genetic modification (GMOs) They are also a major supplier of crop seed that can withstand spraying with herbicides such as their very popular Roundup.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I found the thread for you.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/938143/

I knew most of this, but others need to know.
Also add to the Park umbrella, Jackson & Perkins Roses.

Jung Seed does a decent job of supplying seed through their companies.
I order from Totally Tomatoes & HPS. Never had a problem. I had some tomato seed that germinated poorly. They quickly replaced it at no charge. I only lost a few days on the growing time. Most times their seeds are very viable.

Bernie

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes. That was the one. Some scary stuff. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.