You know it's cold when....

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

You can't sit down with a hot cup of coffee and a seed catalogue without "friends".

Thumbnail by jylgaskin
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol very cute

Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

That looks like my house. I'm buried here in Port Huron with about 2 feet of snow after our latest storm yesterday. My mother who is suffering with Alzheimer's keeps asking me if her flowers are o.k. under all that snow. I keep assuring her that flowers are tough and they always come back, but the cataloges are great for reminding her of how pretty they will be int he spring.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

But Jyl those friends are great lap warmers I'm sure!! ;o)

They think of me as nothing but a human hot water bottle.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

love the pix! my furbaby weighs all of 4 1/2 lbs....so could only keep my toe warm! or maybe a pocket ! lol!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

Moose the lab is 130. ooof!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

wow....thats the same size as me! LOL! my baby THINKS he's a big dog! lol! barks at all the big doggies like he could take them on!

Kalamazoo, MI

No lap dog here, but she doesn't know how big she is. LOVES snow.

Thumbnail by Kristi_L
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the pics Traveler thinks of me as his pillow we relax on the sofa every night I think he has cabin feaver hes not been minding as well as he did hes a 7 months old 70 lb. lab hes my lap dog
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Cool pics.

My two bichons love to get on your lap or stretch out between your legs when you're reclining. Both hubby and I have heated throws we put over us at night to watch TV. The dogs make a beeline for us when those throws come out. They are so spoiled.

Here is a pic of Juliet laying on my mom. She has Alzheimers too. She loves to watch the snow coming down outside the big windows.

Brenda

Thumbnail by Loon
Kalamazoo, MI

Gotta love Bs! How cute.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

what a sweet pic Loon how is your mom doing with all this snow??
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

This is the meaning of "3 dog night" it takes sleeping with 3 dogs to warm you.

We have had a lot of those lately. ^_^

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL Gloria. Mom does "fine" with the snow. She just watches it from her comfy chair. We don't take her out at all. She can watch the big flakes coming down from where she sits and it entertains her. :)

Brenda

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

You know it is cold when you get frost on your eyelashes.

from this morning -4

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow very cute pictures!!! jylgaskin love, love, love your photo how cute!!! We have a fur baby also. He is pretty spoiled Loves to be covered up with a blanket and stretch out especially after going out to potty. Love to frosty eyebrows cpartschick. Very COLD! I do not like it when your nose hairs freeze. Know what I mean? LOL. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I wish I could enjoy winter from my comfy chair love the frosted look and I want my blankie too!!!
sent the little mister off to do his sleep test at the hospital for the night he has sleep apneia (sp) SOOOO bad I hope they help him/me we both need to sleep some time soon hes had it for years but I never could get him to go before MEN
Gloria

For thoes of you who know Traverse City...There was a sheet of ice covering the bays this morning at 10. By 2, westbay had cleared, but East was still glass. They ususally don't freeze this early.

It's COLD! Freeking COLD! And I for one am sick of it. If I got out for very long or do anything that requires heavy breathing, the wires from my pacemaker/defibulator chill and I get brain freezes (like eating ice cream) In my chest. It's driving me nuts.

Sure is pretty with all the sparkles though. The snow looks like old fashioned mica glitter.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

holy cow jylgaskin dose it help if you cover your face with a scarf ???
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I never thought of wires freezing. One very cold sunny day, I could not stand my sunglasses because they had wires in the bows and gave me a headache. At least I could take the sunglasses off!

I try to always have a scarf so I can duck down into it. But I hate the condensation and the glasses fogging it causes.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I wear contacts. I once had my glasses on with sub zero weather. I didn't get far when they froze over and I could not see out of them. I had to take them off and find my way back to the house in a blur. I will never try that again.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Never thought of the pace makers wonder if my mom ever has problems with hers like that? Don't think she ever said anything! It was 9 delow zero the other morning here wow cold even later in the morning then it warmed up to zero. I think the hig was only 5 degrees all day. Cold I am tired of it too. It is pretty when its very sunny thogh. Only 8??? More weeks? Its Michigan you know. Stay warm, Ronna

8 weeks? That means we are half way through.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

well dont you get to cold out there!!!!

it was a bit warmer out today-tomorrow i have to run to the Gh and see
what pots i have out there for a trade-not sure if i can get inside as there is a
nice size drift in front of the door -but im going to try!
Going to look for my seed domes too-i cant wait much longer to start something!!!

It was so nice to have weather above 20. I played outside for over a hour with no problems. I think my limit for being out for long is about 20 degrees. Colder than that and I have a heck of a time. After three heart attacks, my body can keep me warm or keep me moving. It can't do both.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

My goodness! I guess you have a lot to be thankfull for. Those baby animals keep you going don't they?

I agree. I can live with 20' and sunshine, lower than that is pretty cold. Although with that temp, we usually get more snow. I hear we are in for a big dump on Mon or Tues.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

You know it's cold when you go to let your animal out and they look at you, turn back around and go back to the couch...

You know you have a lot of snow when it is so tall your dog can't even step into it for fear of being swallowed up by the evil white stuff that falls from the sky to cover her yard!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We have two little bichon frise dogs. We always shovel the cement patio and walkway by the back door just for them. We clean a tiny bit past the cement onto the grass because they still like to see/smell that grass to "go". The male is brave and will jump through the tall snowbanks to chase the rabbit when he sees him. They make a quick beeline back into the house and hop onto the electric throw in my lap to warm up. They both need a haircut so bad but I keep putting it off because of these super cold temps we're having this winter. It got down to zero here last night. Enough already. The propane bills are killing folks. My son had just paid off his last one for $1100 and within a few weeks they came to refill and his bill was over $800. Needless to say, next winter he'll have a wood burner and be burning wood from our property for free. I don't know how folks are managing these heat bills.

Today is my mom's 93rd birthday. We're having a special dinner for her tonight and I even bought a sugar free cake for her. We're happy she's doing as well as she is for her age. She always had a garden since I can remember. She gardened well into her late 80's before she couldn't do it any more and we moved her in with us. She didn't own a rototiller. She used to foot it all up by shovel. She ate out of her garden and supplied the neighbors and friends with fresh vegetables. She always canned up tomatoes and beans too.She had a green thumb. She could take a cutting off a rose and plunk it in the soil and stick a fruit jar over it and grow a new rosebush. Back in the olden days people didn't buy plants. They shared them with friends and neighbors. It was nothing for mom to take a cutting of an admired houseplant or yard plant and give it to a neighbor. Her yard always was beautiful and well tended. I think it is one of her secrets to a long life. Our local daylily King, Fred, is also another fine example of gardening keeping one healthy into old age. I hope to do half as well.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay warm!!

Brenda

Brenda-tell your mom HAPPY BDAY from us!! My Gpa had his 101th Bday on Thur!! He is such an inspiration:) Since we got our dog in AZ then moved to CA, she was 8 B4 she saw snow and literally thiks it is a giant alien or something-the first time she stepped in it, she held her paw up like she had just stepped in poop!!LOL

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Brenda tell your mom happy b-day for me have a great time at her party!!!
Gloria ;0)

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

wonderful pictures of your furbabies and how we are all keeping
warm with their help.
Mine stretch out in front of the woodstove. But, at night, they
want to be in bed with me and daddy. AGH!!!!!
Sher

Thumbnail by WigglyPaw

OMG-my pug like to sleep like that too!!LOL She likes to sleep right in the crook of DH's arm with her head on it, or next to me with her head on the pillow!!LOL We don't have the GIANT furbaby though-my isn't that one HUGE!!LOL

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

sher how in the world do you guys get any sleep you need a bigger bed!!lol ;0)
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

today is daymein's 12th bd and my son from vegas with my new 6wk old gs arrived this morning
im HAPPY!!!!

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

congrats again and again dori!! have a wonderful time.

glevely: DH continually says we need another Thermapedic bed attached to ours for
the fur babies. That big dumb dog is Atticus. 230 lbs of quivering shaking fear.

Grand Blanc, MI

LOL....I love the description you use for your Atticus!
My Susie isn't as heavy but has a long body and long legs so she can take up most of my queen size bed if she positions herself just right!

Dori, I bet you are just beaming! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

CONGRATS Dori I just know you are cuddleing that babie let some one else hold him for a min. I know I hated to share when mine came home from New York ;0)

Wiggle my little mister will not sleep with Traveler or there would be no room in our bed they both snore he lays on the sofa with me at night be fore we go to bed though

Gloria

Ruby may be little, but she seems to sometimes think she needs to lay horizontal in the bed completely stretched out which takes up over 1/3 of the bed....little turd-she is queen and knows it!!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.