A garden I visited last summer

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I have been watching this forum and am amazed at all the creativity.
The below photos are from a garden I visited last summer.
Just wanted to share.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The gardener had the mini fairy gardens tucked about everywhere.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I think her houses were homemade. This one is with a display of mini hosta.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I think this is my favorite.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

You have to look carefully to see the bronze fairy in this one.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Saint Charles, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing.......Given me some great ideas

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I think the caged fairies are my favorite too. I have a large antique birdcage that is gathering dust that would be perfect for that!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Those are awesome! Glad you snapped pictures!

Marshall, IL(Zone 5b)

Imagine my surprise when I saw my fairy houses and their little gardens on Dave's Garden. Thank you, gardengus, for sharing my passion with others. You must have visited our gardens during our Open Garden Days in July. (We are doing it again this year so come back to see what's new!) The houses and the hypertufa planters are handmade and the birdcage was an antique store find that seemed the perfect place for my fairies to hang out. I am hoping to get started on a fairy village this year with different styles of houses. Thanks again for making my day!

Thumbnail by KaloramaGardens
South, TX

I really enjoyed the little tour!! Darling photos!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I really enjoyed the tour too. I think the caged faries are my favorite too. Have a red bird cage gathering dust. It had been fixed up with artifical flowers, etc. but it is going to go out in the yard now and lots of ideas coming my way.

Love that reading one with the blue outfit. Handmade I'm sure.

Marshall, IL(Zone 5b)

The little blue fairy is made of polymer clay and I used Mareen Carlson's book "Fairies, Gnomes & Trolls" as my inspiration. She has several cute styles of fairies that are not difficult to make. My little blue fairy sits on my computer and "speaks" to my imagination as I work this winter. Meet her little dark haired friend, also inspired by Mareen Carlson's book. They would both be about 5 inches tall if standing. I am glad that you enjoyed her. I think fairies are a perfect compliment to miniature gardens. I am trying to look at all the creative people chock full of ideas on this forum. Wow! Thanks again to gardengus for telling me about it.

Thumbnail by KaloramaGardens
lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

OHMI, I have that book & have been procrastinating on starting them myself...after seeing yours I'm determined to give it a try. Yours are darling...Good Job!!!!! I love this forum!!!!! Deb

I love both of them, you did a wonderful job creating them.

Marshall, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the kind word on the fairies. Just gotta do something to keep the brain cells from dying over the winter.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Just too adorable!

Peggy

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they are all beautiful.... love the polymer fairies too!

Janice~ Gulf Coast, MS(Zone 9a)

oh I love the sweet bird cage.. Its my fav too..

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Omgosh! I LOVE the fairies in the birdcage!

I've passed up a handful of antique cages, not knowing what to do with them.

Now I know!

Fantastic idea!
-T

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

WONDERFUL!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

OMG, I'm going to a workshop on Fairy Gardens this coming Saturday. I'll take plenty of pictures. I have several Hypertufa troughs that I made, and it would be so easy to convert them to fairy gardens. Thanks for the lovely pictures & Ideas, which I'll add to when I have them completed.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will be looking forward to your pictures

South, TX

How fun Buttoneer!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oooo, can't wait to see the pics Buttoneer

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, I didn't take pix of the workshop but I have enuff stuff put together to make a couple of my own, so will take the pix of those & post them.

Pictures, I LOVE them. I have small objects that I had planned on using in a tiny garden whenever I get all my other projects finished. Looking forward to enjoying them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.