DO YOU THINK WE CAN HELP A TEACHER AND HER CHILDREN?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Rockette, a school teacher, would like to buy some 5 gal gro bags and an EB for her children to plant seeds and teach them how things grow? She asked me for advice on planting and how to set up but was also very concerned that she may not be able to afford it. We all know what our teachers are going through financially and a lot of the supplies are paid for out of our their own pocket. Living on school grounds and knowing all the wonderful unselfish, devoted teachers as I do, I was wondering if it would be OK for us to help financially. She needs about $100 which I would collect for her from your donations by openly posting my name and address and having the checks of five or ten dollars or whatever one can afford made out to me and I would forward to rockette! Would this be OK and in accordance with Daves rules?

Add me in! My sister is a school teacher, so I know all about that. LOL

I want you all to know that she did not hint in anyway for financial aid! I just thought it would be nice of us to help her and her children if it is legal with DG? Thanks 101.

Johnson City, TN(Zone 6b)

Tplant; just waiting to see what the protocol is. Devota

Corte Madera, CA

I'm in.

Ted, did I miss you on the address exchange?

Annapet
(Whose real name is stranger than fiction).

This message was edited Jan 17, 2009 9:30 AM

You people are terrific!!!

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

T-plant:
I am sorry for confusion. I shouldn't have written about two different issues in the same dmail. The monies are available for the earthbox(es).
As for the coconut coir grow bags, those would be for my use.

T-plant and everyone, I thank you for your thoughtfulness and willingness to help our young people. Even though the earthboxes are provided I likely will need your expertise.

I still feel great that there were people willing to help our educators and their little students. Thank you everyone.

*********************************END OF THREAD*********************************************

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.