New Schreiner's Intros

Hebron, KY

Look at the new intros of Schreiner's!

Even though they say 2008 at the top of the page for the next link, they are the 2009 intros.

http://www.schreinersgardens.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SIGO&Category_Code=INTROS

Same intros if you click 'new arrivals'

http://www.schreinersgardens.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SIGO&Category_Code=NEW

Marilyn

I really like

Blueberry Parfait $75.00
Captain's Choice $50.00
Jazz Solo $50.00
Rio Rojo $50.00

This message was edited Jan 15, 2009 8:31 PM

This message was edited Jan 17, 2009 7:29 PM

South Hamilton, MA

Some of the older great growers like Superstition & Spartan are listed this year.

Hebron, KY

irisMA,

Could you tell me about Spartan more? I haven't heard of them before. Where are they located? Have you ordered from them before?

South Hamilton, MA

Spartan is the name of a historic Schreiner iris. See it in the TB listing at the site. Don't confuse Superstition the iris with the garden of the same name. Iris also in the Schreiner listing. Lucy

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Besides the ones that Marilyn listed above, I also am drawn to Winter Waltz and
June Krausse. Both have such lovely form and coloring.

Lucy, there is a lot to be said for those historic irises, isn't there? I'm glad to see that more iris garden sites are bringing them back for sale.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

love blueberry parfait and draculas kiss.

I have both superstition and spartan. great irises.

Hebron, KY

I have Sparan! :-)

I planted Spartan in the Fall of 2007. It didn't bloom in 2008 and I'm hoping it and all the others that I planted in 2007 and 2008 bloom in 2009. :-)

I've taken another look at June Krausse and I can't believe I missed it! It is a beautiful pink! Gotta have that one too!

I love All About Blue. I'm such a sucker for blue and pink!

I like Dracula's Kiss too with the big and bright orange beards that stand out!

This message was edited Jan 17, 2009 7:31 PM

South Hamilton, MA

There is a lot to be said for growing medians. They take up less space, although we do have some TBs. Lot to be said for talking to everyone as we have computer problems, it doesn't want to go on line so at after 10 p.m. this is the first time at DG all day.

South Hamilton, MA

Forgot to say--Sparton is pretty, not over ruffled, a few 'waves' are fine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.