It's Gonna get COOOOOOOOOOOOLD Tonight!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Get the firewood, bourbon and beans ready!

BB

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Bourbon and beans sounds good. Can't use the firewood here, no fireplace. I'll have to go to my son's house if the power goes out as we are all electric. At least he has a wood burning insert in his fireplace. He uses it to heat the house mainly. The wind chill is brutal already. Tomorrow morning I think I'll just stay in bed. Maybe until noon... Then again, maybe all day.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Brrrrrr!

I still have collards in the ground.

BB

better pull them out and eat 'em.

Nah....

The frost makes them sweet as sugar :-)

BB

I pulled my turnips, mustard and spinach up last night. Didn't figure they'd make it through this cold snap. I got 4 bags. :) I'll be getting ready to start my seeds for spring if this weather will cooperate! LOL

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, the fireplace is ready and the woodstove is all hooked up. Problem is we're at the wrong house to benefit from either. lol! Oh well, at least I'm at the house with the bar.

BB, those collards will sweeten in a frost, but if we go arctic, you might be eating collard jerky! Trust me on this...I have a long history of experimenting with resuscitating flat-lined produce (DH calls it "cooking with garbage" and has suggested I write a book aptly named).
Laurel

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Laurel, LOL, Cooking with Garbage!! I would suggest, humbly, that Cooking with Compost would be more palatable. well, maybe not.....
Pam

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You're talking to a woman who still has tomatoes from the August harvest. Don't mess with me when it comes to experiments in food storage. I'm calling those last tomats. "Organic Heirloom Moon-dried" I'll even provide photos for proof, though I'm down to only a couple after the "moon-dried", tomato, sourdough pizza" this past week. I'm seeing the Cooking With Compost potential.
Laurel

ROFL! Laurel, you are putting those military freeze dried rations to shame!

I took this a few minutes ago on the back porch. Yesterday's mail is still in the box and "I ain't goin' to fetch it" LOL

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.