Leaves of brugmansia 'SubLime'

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Brugmansia sport that occurred here a few years back of which I was successful to remove and root.
The mother plant that sported has continued this on the same nub where I removed the initial sport.

Thumbnail by Abutilon
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

It's very pretty. I'd like to see a picture of it when it blooms too!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well.. congratulations.. it looks great.. so you've been bevy fortunate in finding sports.. and abnormalties.. what's your secret in getting them to appear with such regularity there.. or is it sheer numbers .. and the luck of the draw.. or some new Russian hormone..

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I have one that's doing the exact same thing, I'll get pictures when the leaves get bigger. I saw it last year on my brug Peaches and Cream and forgot to take a cutting in the fall. I just took this plant to the greenhouse a few weeks ago and it came back; but only the top half of the trunk is variegated like yours and the bottom is Peaches and Cream, when the plant made a Y that's where the different variegation is. I took a cutting hoping it will root but left a portion of the variegation on the main plant.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Alice, what beautiful foliage!!! I would grow that brug just for that pretty foliage coloration.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.