Orders pending....need help with Heather Marie dahlia

Lindenhurst, NY

Hi, i'm ordering from Swan Island and Accent (thanks to Poochella's suggestion)
I noticed I was ordering way too many lavendar/pink colors, so i found heather marie which is soft salmon pink. Now i need another to plant with it. i have a nice white but need another that will go good with Heather Marie. Sorry i don't have a pic, but it is on Swan Islands website, below. i'm open to any types/sizes.

http://www.dahlias.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=114

orders pending your suggestions...
thanks everyone.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Something dark like Arabian Night?

Thumbnail by pirl
Lindenhurst, NY

HI Arlene. That is very nice. I never thought of putting a red with a salmon pink. I bet they would look good together. thanks

Let's see if this works.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lindenhurst, NY

Oh pirl, you are so funny!

They look interesting together.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Pirl you are the best at photo stuff!

How about really hot pink or deep pink or yellow to go with Heather Marie? That is a beautiful dahlia, by the way. When you grow it, you can see what tones come out. Maybe even an orangey flower, if it leans more toward salmon than pink. The dark reds really can add to a bouquet though- great contrast.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooooo Lord, I just had to open that link. Know I want more. I ordered 6 from Brecks. Never heard about Swann's now I'm in trouble. LOL

This is what I ordered from brecks
Who Dun It
Way of Life
Crazy Love
Emperor Colossal
Blue star
Procyon Colossal

This message was edited Jan 14, 2009 3:47 PM

Lindenhurst, NY

Poochella, I was thinking hot pink or orangey. I'm sure i will be ordering something that is in those 2 colors to go with Heather Marie (plus this is my neice's name).

Tillysrat - you have to order Swan Islands catalog, I LOVE it. It is the best dahlia catalog I've seen. (i've only seen 2 but it is an awesome catalog). I'm not familiar with the ones you bought, i'm going to go check them out at Brecks website.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Connell's has a great catalog too and you get invited to get a free one the next year if you order from them. But Swan Island is the big dog in the US dahlia world, I think.

Thanks, Annie.

Maureen - I know you love daylilies so here's a collage of daylilies that are close in color to Heather Marie. Maybe one combination will tickle your fancy.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lindenhurst, NY

Pirl, you are so good. I really like the dahlia with the daylily right under it. So pretty..

Poochella - Connells -- I don't think I have that catalog. I'm off to get it.

Try Accent Dahlias and also don't miss Corralitos.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

You guys are a bad influence on me, just ordered $50. from Fernclifft, all companions, for Pooh, they will look good together. O my, Annie stop me, LOL

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I'll stop you if you ever dig up your Pooh and give me a tuber! I love that flower and lost it 2 years ago. But until then, I'll just enable you !

Pirl, you know your daylilies like the back of your hand, I bet. Those are beautiful mates for Heather Marie.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I told you I would, But I love them. I only had Pooh, till you and Carla got me hooked LOL
And in zone 8 I don't have to dig them, just baby sit. ^_^

Lindenhurst, NY

Pirl, are you saying Accent and Coralito's have good catalogs? I just ordered from Accent last night.

Yes, I am. I still have Accent to finish up (the more it snows the longer the list gets) but Corralitos is done - there's one that's enchanting though I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's 'Florinoor'.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lindenhurst, NY

tks for the clarification. I'm going to order a catalog (and maybe a few dahlias) from corralitos. Florinoor really is enchanting, what a perfect word to describe it. i think it's calling you...

Check out Bode while you visit Corralitos. It's lovely. Their photographer is terrific.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.