Tall Bearded Iris 'Dracula's Kiss'

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Tall Bearded Iris 'Dracula's Kiss'
Iris

Photo courtesy of Schreiner Iris Gardens

Thumbnail by Joan
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh boy, what a beauty! Schreiner's has done it again. Sigh. Schreiner's holds all of my savings, I fear.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I fear they are going to get a big chunk of my savings this year also. This one is, excuse the pun, 'to die for'!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have to agree. Luckily the government hasn't figured out that iris are just as addictive as heroin!

Miami Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I love it! Black, deep violet and orange-it's Halloween on a stem! Trick or treat!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is all that and more. What a beauty!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks for bumping this back up. It reminded me that I haven't yet ordered this one. Must go do that now. :)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will probably wait a year of two. I have already bought too many iris this year. Boo hoo!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I just went to Schreiner's to order it and had a memory come-back about the price! LOL I'm debating. Thought about asking DH what he thought and then decided to debate it all on my own. ^_^

I might wait a year also, but ...it's so very gorgeous! Decisions, decisions.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I understand completely. I have had to forgo a couple of really stunning new intros due to budget limitations. Like you, I didn't discuss it with DH. I know what his answer would have been. This year I didn't buy many new intros, but used my money to buy older iris I love or to replace ones the gophers ate! Grr!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I've bought a ton of older ones also. Mostly ones that don't yet have a photo in PlantFiles. I haven't bought any new intos yet either. I did buy a bunch from Zebra Gardens. I've decided that I love the ones with variegated foliage and also the broken colors. They are running a special that if you buy 10 of their clearance cultivars you get their new intro Orangutan Orange free. I couldn't resist that.

You all are too funny!
When I saw this beauty I just knew I had to have it!!!
Then I saw the price and decided to wait awhile...
:(
It's as beautiful in person as the photo is

Thumbnail by
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Ah, Kin fesses up! I thought you had bought it, since you have a photo in PlantFiles, but you must have taken it at Schreiner's huh? You've gotten to see it in person though, lucky you! So you're saying that it's every bit as beautiful as the photos of it are?

It truly is
I wish I had taken more pics of it.
It was in the front of the display room just as you walk in... you can't help but notice it!
I can't afford the intro prices maybe next year or the next... LOL

Thumbnail by
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Too bad Iris aren't like some lilies. We could buy one and divide the scales. :)

That sure would be nice wouldn't it!
I did find another photo of it and added it to the PF

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks! We can always use more eye candy to drool over. LOL

Always a pleasure providing Eye Candy for us here on DG!
;)

I did provide some pictures at 'Go Gardening' of how the display gardens look if your interested in seeing them.
http://davesgarden.com/products/go/view/2528/
This year the gardens were absolutely wonderful. The Weather was also perfect which made the visits so enjoyable.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh. Kin, your photos of Schreiner's gardens are magnificent. I hope to see them some day. I did get a new intro from Zebra because I gave Brad Kasperek a ride to Home Depot to get screws for Kathy's walker at the convention. I also won a $35 gift certificate for Schreiner's at the Miniture Dwarf Bearded meeting at Convention. I picked out some of the not so old intros and another Anaconda Love because gophers ate mine. I do love his hybrids.
I won 2 almost new intros from Iris 4 U in Denver, Colorado from raffles on the Convention busses as well.
I ordered some things from Superstition and they gave me a new intro STB, "Inner Space" and also "Lady of the Night" an intro from Paul Black last year. So, I did all right with new intros without spending the money.
I am lusting for Paul Black's new Intro "Wizard of Odds" as well. It is a broken color that is supposed to be extremely vigorous which many are not.
I think it is really lovely of you to order the ones we don't have photos of in Plant Files, Joan. I, too, have a strong desire to fill in as many of the blanks as possible. There are so many iris that are not pictured anywhere on the internet. DG is absolutely the best place to find photos of iris, but there are lots more iris photos needed.

Pajaritomt
Happy to hear you enjoyed the photos of Schreiner's.
Wow...Sounds like you ordered some beauties and the price is right too!!
Have fun with your new additions and I'm looking forward to your photo contributions next year.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oops! My post above was incorrect in that my $35 gift certificate was from Kasperek's Zebra Iris Gardens. Had a brain slip when I said Kasperek. But those will be beautiful as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.