Looking for bergenia seed.

Pawleys Island, SC

I am looking for some bergenia seed. I will gladly trade or sent postage. thanks, Ibartoo

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Ibartoo, what kind of Bergenia were you wanting? The red is gorgeous. I was thinking of buying some seed for it this year and cannot use all they send. I will have to look and see how many. Do you want to trade some?

Jeanette

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I have fresh seeds of Begenia cordifolia.

Jonna

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Hey Jonna!! How are you? Which is the Cordifolia? Sounds neat whichever it is. LOL

Are you looking for anything in particular for a trade?

Jeanette

This is an old picture of my plant, when it was young. It's evergreen.

Thumbnail by JonnaSudenius

I would like to trade for something I do not have and can be grown in my zone. Annual, perennial, shrub or tree.

Pawleys Island, SC

Jonna and Jenette, I would love to trade with both of you. I have some things on my list that you may be interested in and I have a lot of things I need to put on my list. I will check your lists and see if I have something you may be looking for. Thanks so much, Linda

Linda, I've seen the Illicum floridanum Star Anise on your have . Although it might be not hardy in my zone, I would like to try that one.
Jonna

Pawleys Island, SC

Jonna, It is yours. I will dmail you with my address. Thanks so much. Linda

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Jonna, you said that is a picture, very pretty btw, of it when it was young. But you have seeds now so it must be mature. Has it turned red? According to the T&M catalog, the Cordifolia 'Redstart' is bronze leafed with red flowers.

Jeanette

Jeanette,
It's not the Bergenia cordifolia 'Redstart', just the Bergenia cordifolia, it stays pink.
I have the 'Redstart', but it didn't set seed, maybe this year.

Jonna

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Oh, I would love to have some of the red and since I only have a little bit of room left I guess I will buy some so I can get it going this spring. Thanks Jonna.

Jeanette

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.