One more please....The President vs Jackmanii

Normal, IL

Same story...I didn't mark em when I planted. Is this clematis Jackmanii vs The President? Zone 5, west wall, full sun. Two plants completely fill two 5' tall trellis and I have to cut off the top growth periodically because of the heavy weight at the top...so no idea how tall this would actually grow. I cut down to the ground in the fall. This pic is dated 7/3 so I have a full bloom then. I seem to get another full bloom mid-fall. This is a very drought hardy clematis because I never never water at this spot since within 1' of the house.

Thank you very much.

Thumbnail by onegoodman1955
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

It is Definitely NOT "The President" as "TP" has a lighter bar and red anthers...I would suggest it is possibly "Jackmanii" from what I can view online...Is the color shown on your post to be accurate with what you see in real life?...Jeanne

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

It's Jackmanii for sure.
Kristy

Delaware, OH

or jackmanii superba

(Zone 4a)

Beautiful photo!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The President on the left and Jackmanii on the right so you can see the differences in coloring and shape of the petals.

Thumbnail by pirl
(Zone 4a)

Nice comparison shot pirl!

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

Definately, nice job and fabulous clematis!

Normal, IL

Thank you Pirl. The picture on the left is awesome. What kind of digital camera did you use ? I'm researching for a new camera.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Just a five year old Fuji Finepix E 550. I don't think they're even made anymore. You can always check KEH.com for used cameras - great values and intelligent people to help along with very fast service.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.