Passalong veggie seeds?

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I'm looking for seeds for veggies that grow well in the upstate SC area. Not the usual "store-boughten" kind, the kind that peoples' families have grown for years. I'd like to grow things that are proven, as well as the varieties I'm experimenting with, to help me become self-sustaining, food wise.

I have nothing to trade of a similar caliber, being new to the area, but have heirloom varieties of tomatoes and some other things that i have purchased.
Anyone interested?

Thanks,

margo

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Margo
I have some seeds that I have traded for and purchased some. I am just starting to grow veggies this year, so I cannot personally vouch for them, but I am happy to share! Some are from DGers that have grown them with success.

I would be happy to trade - check my lists, I am pretty easy to please.

I have several sorts of lettuce, some Chinese veggies, some gourds, mini corn (Indian corn, not Chinese corn). AAlso a number of herbs and amaranth.

Cheers
Lorie in Columbia

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Okay, Lorie, I finally was able to go thru your lists (my computer kept flaking out on me). Sadly, I have absolutely nothing that you list. The only thing I notced is that you seem to like yellow tomatoes. I have some varieties of yellow/orange that are different from yours, and that I've had good results from, and some other colors, as well.
Any interest?

If not, that's okay. I have enough to get me thru this summer, so I'm fine:)

margo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.