How do I make the go away, Please.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't have very much computer experience. A bout a month or so back noticed when I was doing the disk clean thing that on the list of actions, ( forgive me don't know the proper terms) that the compress old files was starting to get high.

Every time I do a disk clean that compressed files total is growign and growing liek crazy. it up to like 4,895,785. Whe I do a disk clean the total never goes down or away.

I have been doign defragging to and where I had lots of memory and space left, sicne the total on th ecompressed files has gone up the availabel space left in disk frag has gone way down. I only have about 30% available space left on degragging.

I have taken all kinds of pictures and folders off and anythign else that immediate important, but the compressed file thing still doesn't go down.

How do I get my compressed file number to go way back down and how do I get to see more space available when I defrag.

If ther eis someplace else to go to try and get rid of uwanted or needed files. I have no idea.

Have deleted all recived files, cleaned out all but necessary saved documents, which isn't much, cleaned out emails, cleaned out pics and folders. I am stumped.

I have an older hp computer and have windows xp home edition and soem windows 95 on here if that helps. from Hurricane storm lightenign had hit my traielr and blew computer one time and that what they had to do to rebuild me. I have windows IE too if that helps any.

If you can help me sure would appreciate it.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!