Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Stay warm be happy on your special day Patti
Serves me right for not checking the file.

Thumbnail by ge1836

Have a great B-Day Patti.

Thumbnail by
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

here it comes again

Thumbnail by ge1836
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Patti! Hope you have a wonderful day (and are not snowed in)!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happiest of birthdays!!! Were you able to go to Vermont to celebrate?
Jan

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Patti!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all. I love getting all those gorgious blooms and wishes. And I adore the albino squirrel. I have to admit that I have a Victorian one that is stuffed in our Vt. house. I hear there is are towns where there are whole colonies living and there is a society to perseverve them, but not in the way mine is preserved. I have never seen a live one. I loved it when yours was the opening post for a long time in the NE weather forum.

I am still in Nantucket as the steamship was cancelled the other day when we had reservations, but we are going today. DH will go skiing during the week and I will sit by the fire and read garden catalogs. I found a couple of new lilies to order yesterday as B-day presents to myself from Brent and Becky, as well as a few other things too. Patti

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Have a happy birthday

Thumbnail by wren107
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wow that is a wonderful picture, and I now see that I missed your birthday, so sorry, my near b-day twin. I hope you had an epi- penduous birthday. I admire your collection, while my tiny collection of them sulk, however they don't die, but don't bloom either. I think from a recent reading of some of your posts that I need to give them much more water. I will anoint them today and do a little epi dance. Patti

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I do the dance every day! Lol

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Patti! Hope you have a great day.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love that shot Victor

Thanks Allison.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

here's the par-tee. have a good one!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Patti! Hope your travel plans went off without a hitch. Enjoy your day.

Thumbnail by ngam
Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by saanansandy
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I heard a wild story that it was Patti's birthday...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Enjoy the day strutting your stuff!

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Happy, wonderful birthday, Patti!! My wish for you is that you make it down to Sanibel this winter!!! Enjoy your day and your week in VT with the catalogs......don't be shy on the ordering....it's your birthday, after all!!! LOL

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Have a happy day!!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Wishing you many beautiful days in the garden with good books.
Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Patti, I've been so busy formatting these blooming articles today and I kept seeing your name and thinking "dang, I have to go and wish her happy birthday" but I kept not having a chance. So here I am, finally.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You'll probably recognize the picture.

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy b-day patti!

Thumbnail by wha
Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Patti!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I thank you all for your wishes and thoughts. We did get to Vt last night. Stopped to pick up two new shovels. One for the spring planting and one for the snow.

We needed more than a shovel to park the truck in the drive when we got here. So we had to park in the neighbors plowed drive until DH got the snow blower going to dig us out.

It is beautiful today. Dh went skiing and the dogs and I have taken a lovely winter walk. Now back to the catalogs. We are on a dial up, so I will not get to check in much. The slow speed drives nuts. But I do appreciate all your notes and pictures.

Carrie, I do so often think about our Lilac Day together. Again for sure in May. VV I am a fan of the big birds. To watch and to eat. Donnybrook, A trip south is still a possibility. Our friends are trying to lure us down with Red Sox tickets. Wha, you and Victor are becoming great enablers. I spent the steamship ride sitting in the cold truck reading the acer selection in Forest farms catalog. I feared if I headed up to the passengers section, I would see too many people that I knew and I would be deprived of my time to research new plants. Oh so many J.Maples to lust after. Laurel, I did bring a book or two besides my garden catalogs to read. I just finished on the drive up "Lady in the Palazzo" Marlena De Blasi . I so enjoy all her books. I brought and started last night another of her books, "That Summer in Sicily". I am now dreaming of making again candied Angelica. I am now going to have to order new plants of it this year as mine has finally disappeared. Sue, Love your birds. We filled our feeders before we left, and I hope there is enough to keep them fat and happy until Friday. Cold. Flowerjen, a pansy for Patti is sweet. I do adore them. But never had much luck starting them from seed. I always buy some in the spring. Cyndiehook, I will go off to Agway to check out this years selection of seeds and be thinking about you and your seed exchange.

Again thanks to all, I had a great day. Plus I am still breathing, thinking, dreaming and feeling the kindness of all on DG who so inspire, goad, tempt and embarrass me to make our little part of the planet a bit of Eden. Patti

Call me Cain the Enabler.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Belated Birthday Patti. Sorry I missed it.

Thumbnail by debi_k
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow - what a shot!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, Cain? Does that mean Wha is Abel? I don't want you picking on him! I perhaps should have said "A Garden Paradise" , not Eden. No biblical connection.

I meant just a visually pleasant spot to dwell in until I become compost. I am a fan of the book "The Wild Garden: Or the Naturalization and Natural Grouping of Hardy Exotic Plants" by William Robinson and all the books by his buddy, Gertrude Jekyll. I am also a huge fan of the Ct gardener, Frederick McGourty and his wonderful and inspirational book, "The Perennial Gardener". He taught me to appreciate and live with "thugs". I wish I could have met him and seen Hillside. And now I have so many visual references from my DG pals that I can now be inspired by just checking in each day. So many that I have no time to garden, just dream.

Deb, Unbirthdays are as special as the real one. Great shot. It warm the heart on a cold day Patti

The question is - whom does Cain enable?^_^

Deb, that hand looks like last year's!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

patti - if it is the same FF catalog i have then thankfully there are no pictures. although the descriptions are also very tempting. if i can become an enabler that would be nice - many of my plants still have some growing to do before i can reach victor status.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

heehee Victor
The hand is a year old, haven't fed them yet this winter, though I have been to that park a few times.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Deb that is so cool, I did read chickadees are one of the easiest birds to get to feed out of your hand.
Can you imagine if the FF catalog had pics it would be 1000 pgs.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

OMG you're right!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Patti, Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was extravagant!

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Victor, that's a fantastic columbine shot!!!!

Louise, I want to make it down to Sanibel, too! I was in Marco Island for a week last winter, but I got sick with a horrible cold and didn't feel up to driving there. I don't think I'll be going to Florida this year, but perhaps next year I will make it there.

Karen

Thanks Karen.

Thomaston, CT

Another Happy Unbirthday, Patti---I never look at the threads until it's too late! But I'm also getting like Andy Rooney about birthdays---mine that is--not anyone elses!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.