Asclepias Variegata Seeds

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I have been looking for a source of Asclepias variegata seeds. I can't find one. I found a source for plants, but they are $9.99 a piece. That is pretty steep for something so easily grown for seeds. Do any of you have any seeds. I'd gladly trade or pay for them. I have Asclepias Asperula seeds to trade.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

If you have no luck on this forum, try posting on the butterfly forum. Since Asclepias are are prime butterfly larva food there are a lot of people that grows tons of varieties for them.

Happy Seed Hunting!
Danita

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

here is a search i did http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/search.php?forum=&search_text=%22Asclepias+variegata%22&limit=0&search_area=body&limit_poster=&Search=Search

you can check with any of the folks who posted a photo... I'd try podster first though.... she's pretty active on the forums.

Thanks to you both. Everyone here is so helpful. People who like plants are the nicest folks in the world.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

echina .... one more place you may want to try is the Seed Trading Forum.

I know it does seem like a lot of cross posting... but a lot of folks do hang out in there and may not in the other forums.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/trading/all/

Good Luck... it does seem like it's a hard see to locate.

have you tried "podster" yet?

I have had good luck in contacting a person directly when i was looking for something in particular.

Terese

Thanks, Terese. If I don't get these soon, I may just order the plant this spring. I'm sure I'd get plenty of seeds from my plant. Nobody saved any seeds it seems.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I have lots of a.variegata plants I grew from seed. They bloomed beautifully this passed year but failed to produce one solitary seed. I didn't have any Monarch cats feeding on any of my milkweeds this year nor did any of my other MWs make seed. Hmmmm? Lack of polinators?
~~~~~~~~~$:>{

Someone sent me seeds! Yay! I've never had so much trouble finding seeds before. They aren't commercially available. They are available by mail order for plants though.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH that's great news Echinacea....

just remember to save seeds this year.... I wouldnt mind a few myself.

I will do. Thanks for all your help!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.