CLOSED: New trader has Mexican Sunflower & a bit of Redflower Yucca

Hi folks. I have traded a few seeds before in response to offerings but I think this is my first attempt at initiating a trade.
I have cleaned enough seed for 5 trades of 20-25 seeds. Seeds will be in a coin envelope then wrapped with bubble wrap and then placed in a regular letter envelope. If anyone is interested I'd like another plant that butterflies like. Maybe a red zinnia if anybody has something like that??? I'll take anything because I'm really most interested in making some new friends here at Daves :-)

Plantfile link: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/97/
This plant bloomed from late August through November in my New Mexico zone 7b garden. There were butterflies on it every day. The plants grew about four feet tall. I put a few seeds in the ground and they came right up, very easy. I loved the velvety leaves and stems too.

I also have enough Redflower Yucca seed for just 2 trades of 10 seeds. Hummingbirds love this plant that is hardy to zone 5a. This plant is reported to be easy to germinate but I can't vouch for that because I have just put some in trays a couple of days ago. But it does do well in my yard and I can vouch that the Hummingbirds love it.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/31558/

Here is a picture of the Mexican Sunflower from my yard in September.

Hope somebody is interested!!!!

Thumbnail by angele
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome. I was a "new" trader this time last year. Soon, you will need a filing folder for your seeds. LOL! I would love to trade for some Mexican Sunflower. Please take a look at my "have" list to see if there is anything you would like. I will dmail you just to confirm.

Thank you LiliMerci. I'm on my way for a look now.. will Dmail you after I peek. :-)

LOL! OK.

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello,

What a beautiful photo! I'd love to try some Tithonia rotundifolia. I don't currently have any red zinnias available, but I do have some other species that butterflies should adore. Just let me know if I have anything you're looking for.

~Amanda

Thank you Amanda, I've sent D-mail.
I have envelopes ready to go in tomorrows mail for both of you. Thanks so much!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Do you have any Redflower Yucca left? My trade list is outdated but I can get back to you on what I have this weekend. I know I have things that butterflies love, including some milkweed. JLMK Thanks! Em

Ems_Garden, I sure do & I would love milkweed! Sending D-mail

Hey Amanda. How's life on the island?

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Nicole! Life on the island is absolutely fantastic and then some. It just keeps getting more beautiful and it looks like we may just have the new garden ready to go by spring.

I've been planting the trees like crazy and a lot of the woody herbs are back in the ground. We're still trying to arrange a truck for the compost but I have seeds and cuttings going in the greenhouse. And thank goodness we have a greenhouse because we ended up buried in snow over here, but if we were still at our previous property we'd be under water right now so certainly no complaints here. Besides there's actual sun here!

I've never had much space for flowers before, even on five acres, because the veggies by default of being edible and useful got all the sun and the poor ornamentals always ended up in the shade. But now there's acres of sun and I can plant lovely things like the Mexican Sunflower without having it be utterly miserable.

Hopefully everything has been treating you well also. And I don't know if I have anything you're currently looking, but if I do definitely let me know - I just saw some new goodies on your have list that I'd love to try out in the island sun ;)

~Amanda

Happy New Year, Amanda! Drop me a note and let me know what you would like. I'll send it to you. I don't want to hijack Angele's thread, but it will bump it up. :) Glad to hear from you. I can't wait to hear all about your project.

:-) One of the things I love about Dave's Garden (eavesdropping, lol) friendly conversations!
Seeds were mailed yesterday; got into a nice conversation with our Post Mistress and promised I'd bring her some seeds too and got a couple of requests in D-mail. So I'm closing this offer but want to give you all a BIG thank you for trading with me. I'm really happy. Thank YOU!!

Angele

oh and one more thing.....
♪♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA ♫♪

Yeah! Happy Birthday!

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you very much and thank you Angele for sending out the wonderful seeds - can't wait to plant them.

~Amanda

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Amanda!!
Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.