Aristolochia seed source in US

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I've had some success w/ 3-4 varieties of aristolochia seeds(most recently a.galeata) so now I have a hankering to try some more but can't find sources in US that carries a nice vary.Anyone care to share their favorite seed sources?

peggy

Dover, NJ

Hi Peggy,

I'm not aware of anyone in the US that has more than a few, although over time you can probably find a dozen or so on Ebay. Mauro Peixoto in Brazil has about 40 different species. I've ordered from him a few times--twice without a problem, but most recently the USPS ran his bubble envelope through the automated equipment, and squashed some passie seeds--but that was not his fault. His website is brazilplants.com The seeds usually take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. I am going to harvest some A. gibertii seeds this weekend, and should have plenty to trade or give away for postage. I think I have some extra ringens and cymbifera (sp?) seeds also.

Mark

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

You don't have problems getting thur customs?

I'll check out his webpage. I don't have anything on your wishlist but please feel free to check out my trade list.

Peggy

Dover, NJ

Hi Peggy,

There was no problem with customs--I'm pretty sure the envelope he sent was treated as regular paper mail. I'll check your tradelist this weekend.

Mark

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

how do you know how much the seeds are and postage? plmk and thxs

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

do you have to email them to order? plmk and thxs

Dover, NJ

You have to email him, and he will let you know. I think the seed packets are $5 each (for 15 seeds), and I think I paid with paypal. Sometimes Mauro is out traveling, and may take a few days to get back to you.

Mark

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,there sure is a nice gallery of aristolochia to droll over.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.