*Heirloom Tomato seeds please*

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

While looking through threads for the "best heirloom tomato", I came across a thread that has been going on for 4 years. The pictures and descriptions made me drool.

I dont know much about these, so if you have Georgia experience good or bad with these, please let me know. I would be happy to narrow this list down to 3 great names. I am looking for great tomato tasting tomatoes for burgers, and raw eating.

I am now in search for seeds of the following varieties.

Prudens
Mortgage lifter
Cherokee Purple
Hillbilly
Brandywine
Black Krim
Rutgers

I will only need about 5-6 seeds of each variety.
If anyone has these, I would love to trade for seeds I have, or postage.
I will put together a list of what I have. Dont have any veggie seeds, just stuff like butterfly weed, easter egg plant, texas tarragon (wonderful perennial flower) and a few others. Or I could pick up packs of something regular from the store.

chris

picture is texas tarragon

Thumbnail by chris_lcf530
Selinsgrove, PA(Zone 5b)

Sent you a D-mail.

Don (DEMinPA)

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Chris did you see my trade list? Take a look and dmail me.

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello Chris,

I have seeds for 'Mortgage Lifter' and 'Rutgers' if you're still looking for either of those. Would love to try the Texas Tarragon (Tagetes lucida).

~Amanda

D-mails are on their way.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Chris, have you found all you wanted? If not, I'll send you a list of what I have, and maybe I can help. SASE would be fine...

margo

margo,

Thank you so much for the offer!
The response to my request was amazing! I will have more than I need, everything I wanted, and juicy Heirlooms all summer. :)

chris

Millsap, TX

I have been looking around for some Heirloom Tomatoes without much success .. Then a friend sent me to Wintersown.org where you can request 6 free packs of seed.. They also take donations of seed... So I was able to find a few I was looking for..
Kylie

http://wintersown.org/wseo1/YourChoiceTomatoSASE.html

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Kylie, do you have specific ones you'd like to try? I might be able to help :)

Chris, glad you found what you needed. Ain't DG'ers the BEST?

margo

They absolutely are!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.