Garden Photos - Part 48

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It opened up 4 blooms today on one stalk!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This one is a smaller flowered or at least seems to be for me....called 'Charisma'.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My Christmas Catctus or should I call it January cactus? is still blooming nicely.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice shots all...i enjoyed them all

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes - the squirrels here are really smart and they jump high!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Randy made make shift baffles for our feeders... the chipmunks were eating our feed... clearing out the feeders in just a few hours... not the prettiest but it works

Thumbnail by onewish1
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, It will go better when you have two good eyes again. But I think it is pretty interesting the way it is. Snow at night with a full moon is magical. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Very nice Victor.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I, too, love your bridge to nowhere, Sue. Pat, I need one to go across a drainage ditch as well. It would look very nice where I want to put it.

Cool infrared photo, Victor!

Nice color on your amaryllis pics, Celeste.

That's a very inventive baffle, Allison.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I started calling him MacGyver... and once in a while inspector gadget

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Pixy....... lovely colorful blooms for this time of year! I really like appleblossom.

Your feeder is looking much better now Bill!

Victor, that infra photo is really cool just the way it is. I don't recall infrared looking any different than that. So, I don't think that you need different software to change it.... it looks like infrared!!! that's really cool!

Sue, the bridge to nowhere is great just the way it is. It lets your imagination run crazy about what really is on the other side of a supposedly pointless bridge. I've actually seen a few like that before on hiking trails. It's always fun to imagine what their story is. Where did they come from? what did it take to get there? Although, usually it's just wayyyyy too much water that pushed them away and then left the bridge stranded on dry ground. Maybe you could plant the other side of the bridge to look completely different than the other side???

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi RC

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Karen and Shelly. There is a way too 'enhance' it to make it more vivid, including making the sky more blue.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Bill your feeder looks as good as new and I bet the birds are very grateful for your effort in repairing it for them.
Allison your DH did a great job with his very functional baffle. As long as it works for you is what really counts.
Victor I hope your eye is well on the way to recovery today and that infrared shot is very neat.
Pix, really pretty blooms. We all need that now I think with the snow that keeps falling and the really cold temps that are forecast for the second half of the week.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes the birds like the "old" feeder. the new one i put up does not get any activity - think it is due to location - not as much cover from predators.

How can the sky be blue at night?

That's a daytime shot, Sherrie.

Well it looks like night time! I thought you were shooting like an infra red shot! lol

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
I started calling him MacGyver

lol

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

;)

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

I love my garden always looking for new ideas to make it better

Thumbnail by scicciarella
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice picture, Mona!

Karen

cute is always good hedge hogs one dollar each some people actually thought they are real lol hahahhah

Thumbnail by scicciarella
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, very cute!

Karen

Thomaston, CT

Nice photos, folks---I love hedgehogs--my GD, HayHay, picked one out for the Christmas tree this year. My garden is white--my lawn is white--boring---here's a photo from warmer times!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Thomaston, CT

That was the only annual scabious to open for me last summer---but I ordered Summer Berries, & will try again!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Yep, white on white here too. Do you like the annual scabiosa better that the perennial ones? That one is very pretty. Will it reseed for you? Oh I checked them out, very pretty. http://www.burpee.com/category/annual+flowers/scabiosa.do

I saw that they have a new large darker yellow one for this year not sure if I want to get it
I love scabiosa I have the large red and small red the large white and blue so yes the yellow would go right in there I love the fact the perennial one blooms all summer into the fall just dead head
mona

Mona, your pics are cute and pretty!

Robin, I am wondering, along with Ngam on whether you prefer the annual or the perennail scabiosa? I've never grown the annuals, really just because they are annuals. But, they are pretty flower. I saw the yellow one last year, it was a nice contrast to the others.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have the yellow one...it is very pale yellow but puts out lots of blooms.

wow, you're up early! But, then again, I think you usually are :-p what is the name of the yellow one? It is a true annual isn't it? If I could just broadcast seeds out somewhere and rake a little dirt over them, it might be something that I'd do.

What is the temp for you right now?

This message was edited Jan 16, 2009 3:07 AM

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm late to this thread - like your infared filter shot Victor, I used to shoot with infared film, and liked the looks of it. I'll have to get a filter now.

you're late? :-p

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Shelly I'n mot sure the name but mine is a perennial. It has come back AND gotten bigger, this summer will make it's 3rd summer in my garden.

OOOhhhhh, that would be soooo much better! Did you get it from a mail order place? I'm not going to be able to scratch that much off of my wish list this year, but there's always hope!

Thomaston, CT

Ngam & Shelley---yes, I do like the annual scabious better--it is much taller, & I really love the deep maroon ones, especially contrasting with the light pinks. They do tend to bloom later, but not as late, or as skimpily, as this past year----I think they got too much shade. They are pretty airy in the per. beds, sort of like verbena bonariensis.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hey something bloomed
Paper whites from DD#3 for chrismiss.

Thumbnail by ge1836

I didnt know that scabiosa was annuals I always thought that they are perennials

There are both.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.