HOW???????

Prattville, AL

How do you afford to build a barn? We have a large shed and had a lean to added on enclosed on 3 sides. Got the Shetlands and went to the feed store. I bought some of the portable fencing and fixed up the lean to. They wouldn't have it. If thunder and lightening, they went crazy. The place they were taken from had no shelter. They were left out year around. I leave it open but they don't go in.
I guess I need a barn with insulation so the sound of rain, hail or wind is not so loud. I feel bad for them being out.
Now I've come across a situation where the lady did rescues on farm animals. The company she worked for closed. She has had to move to Florida and is trying to find homes for her rescues. Some are miniature horses. Kinda worried as she's so tiny but I'm going to go look at a 2yr old filly.
Just want to make sure they have the home they deserve after being abused. I've looked at advertisements for barns and I'd have to sell my house to build one. I'm not rich and am not looking for a barn with all the bells and whistles or a showcase stable. I just want something to keep them safe.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Lynn

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!