BUTTONSand more BUTTONS......

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My daughter has jars-fulls of buttons from a very old--now gone--Department store of 100 years plus owned by a family here.
She used to work there and, when they closed, all kinds of things were "up for grabs". In the fitting department, there were all kinds of things. She took a lot of the buttons that were in this department.

This store, in Baltimore, (Hutzlers) had been around for decades! Family owned--forever THE store in Baltimore for clothing and fashion (before all the Malls hit). They were, probably, the first store that accepted ALL returns--no questions asked. They also did alterations--no questions asked.

Anyway----------My question is--How do you determine the value of a button? WHAT do you look for?
The buttons she has are all sorted by color. Gold....Silver.....White....Wood...Leather...etc....

I know buttons are now quite collectible. The REAL ones--vs the bag-fulls of buttons sold at Craft Stores looking "real"--but just junk just do not measure up.

Are there any sites that have examples of collectible buttons???? WHAT does one need to know?

Thanks, Gita

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!