Here we are. Last thread is here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930440/

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Having a peanut.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new thread.

Commenting on last thread. Pamamon. Love the shots. heheh that funny room with a balcony. First tiem I ever saw squirells living inside atree. Did they make them holes liek that or did they take over a hoel from somebody else?

Lol. That squirrel lucky he wa sable to get in and out. was thinking if he ate one to many seeds he would be stuck and you'd have to get him out for sure.

I looke dout my yard today and boy the squirrels are back and all over the place, runign and jumping and playign and digging in my pots.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks for starting the new thread pelle, cute pics!

PC I just loved that pic of it in its tree hole!!

Caught this one eating the peanut butter I put in the knothole for the woodpeckers!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok, I learnign all kinds of new stuff here. Woodpeckers liek peanut butter? I have sevral pairs of large woodpecker s adn also sevral of the small ones that are endangered. they peck the heck out of my trees and then move to somebody else yard. Wil they stay aroudn longer if I smear peanut butter on the tree?

Wil the squirrels eat all and leave none for the birds?

Starlight they very likely will stay around more if you smear it on your trees. I only have to fill my little knothole up 2-3 times a week. I put a little out on our other tree too.

Downy Woodpecker eating it...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Pelle thanks for the new thread. Super shot of your squirrel.

Yes they do like peanut butter and peanut butter suet.
Nanny , DH fix my heated bowl, works like a charm. had a Woodpecker, using it this afternoon.
My squirrel was very active this afternoon. This is near my bathroom window.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That railing is very popular, with the birds and the squirrel. Always scrapping dodos off. I guess that's what happen, when you put your feeders too close to it. Please don't mind the mess.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

First time I see him on this feeder, this year.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Burn.. Lughing my head off at the pic on the railing. Looks like that squirrell got to close to an electric socket and is havign a bad hair day. Can you say static electricity? hahahahahah

How long cna the peanut butter stay up there withotu getting bad and hurting the woodpeckers? Mine come and go.

Mine eat it in a matter of days. I would try just a small amout first (tbsp or so) and see if they try it and go from there.

Agree with Starlight on that pic!!

Glad you got your bowl fixed. I tried a timer but it was not working out so took it off.

Melbourne, FL

Racing down the line.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

In the feeder shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

In the tree shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

I leave stuff out for the critters...mostly the squirrels...and yesterday I left out an old banana (skin was almost all brown). So today I look out my 2nd story home office window and I see something strange in the maple. Turns out it was the banana!

It was somehow hanging/stuck between two branches. I couldn't believe it. My husband confirmed and we had a good laugh. While I was on a conference call, I saw a squirrel eating from the tip (which was the only exposed part of the banana - the peel was still on).

Now that my call is over and I'm ready for a picture, of course the banana has since fallen :( Oh well. Hopefully though you can get a visual of an overripe banana hanging from some branches (it really was more vertical than horizontal). Next time I'll be quicker about getting a picture!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Looking for seeds under the feeders.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This was when he figured out that feeder.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Under my bathroom window.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

so cute!! With our dark and dreary days haven't gotten any good pics lately. Did catch this one going across the yard this morning on it's way to one of the dishes.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

You still don't have any accumulation of snow yet? Oh the dreary day of winter, hardly see the sun, and when we do, it's short live. Nice of your little buddy, to stand still for a pic.

Nope no accumulation. We are supposed to have like an inch today. I would really like a good covering of snow. We have had lots of rain this year...very wet and soggy. :(

A few pics from the last couple of days. With th elittle bit of snow and really cold temps they have been busy. Up to 7 or 8 in the yard at a time..and by yard I mean inside the backyard fence!!

Now ya know that this is not going to work out...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

x

Thumbnail by nanny_56

not sure why it was doing this...could have been a hawk in the area that I could not see. It stayed there for about 3 inmutes.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2009 7:34 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This fellow was quite the piggy. He was here for over an hour!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This one kept eyeballing the feeder over head and eventually made it up there! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56

They really appreciate the water.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Tree silliness pic 1

Thumbnail by nanny_56

tree sillines pic 2...can you tell there are 2??

Thumbnail by nanny_56

The classic "Cute Squirrel" pose! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Yes, that's the "cute" pose.....here is one enjoying an almond.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Picking a nut from the feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Looking cute.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Nanny, do you see fight among them. Having that much in the yard and outside the yard, will cost you a pretty penny. I notice a Hairy woodpecker acting funny today, like your squirrel. And come to find out he was trying to hide from a Shrike. I missed a perfect shot of it. It was outside my bathroom window, and I didn't have my camera handy. When I finally got it, it had flown further up in the tree, and didn't stay there very long. Oh well, it might be back another day.
GP do you get as many as Nanny in your yard?

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Very cloudy day, Hard to have good pictures.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Yes we do have some fighting. LIke kids some days they can all get along and others day nobody like nobody!! LOL

We did have this guy around again yesterday.It is a regular that passes thru...the one that I am not sure which it is.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

With a Pecan.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

The stretch for the feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

"I'll just sit IN the feeder".

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Another almond lover.