Frosty Pink Brug cuttings to give away

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

I am having a HUGE day of pruning..(.Chrissy I too have triffids everywhere here lol!!!)my garden is long overdue for it,but at the same time I just hate to throw away/mulch any good plant material someone else may like to have.So I will have MANY cuttings of Brugmansia Frosty Pink for anyone interested(may have some of the apricot too).Why do I have so many cuttings of Frosty Pink?...because in the beginning (years ago) I just couldn't throw any cutting material lol!....therefore I have 6 huge bushes(yes thats right 6). Why I don't know ,as I could more readily utilize these positions for something else,not that I don't have the plants lol!...and I still haven't the heart to cut the numbers down..I would feel cruel...stupid I know but I just can't bring myself to do it(anyone else have this prob too lol?)I may add to this list as I go along
WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Thumbnail by brical1

appox 20 cuttings avail of Hibiscus 'Full moon"
also a few cuttings of Lavender Ipomoea Carnea (shrub/bush morninng glory)

Thumbnail by brical1
Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

I would love some ipomoea carnea lavender cuttings, I have the pink I think....
What would you like in return????

Merino, Australia

I mustn't, I shouldn't, I'm not looking.
Oooohhhh, who am I kidding ?/ I can't resist saying ,please Judy, I'd like to have a couple of everything. Greedy aren't I ? But you never know, it may be just the one that likes it here and grows huge.
Don't yell at me Chrissy, I know I have Frosty Pink from you, but this one may look different. Any excuse for another plant.
I have a space where I could try a hibiscus . Out of the weather. The morning glory sounds pretty too. . Anything that needs a new home, Judy, I'm another who can't throw out the prunings. What can I send you in return ?
you most likely have everything I have, but there must be something. Just ask.
Jean.

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

I already have 3 Frosty Pinks,that Chrissy sent me,they are so beautiful,I can't believe people aren't knocking down your door for these cuttings,,,,thanks for asking

Ha ha ha my frosty pinks came from Judy ...brical, and they gave me so much joy! Jean and Mya and all the gardeners I have shared my Frosty pink with ...they all came from Judy ...I say share the love around ^_^
I think Mya has another one that looks like frosty pink but is different.
I am so thrilled with the way we will be able to swap colours ...2009 will be a big year! I have been taking cuttings too and will be sharing the Angel love.
Judy I will never forget my first glimpse of Frosty Pink ...it was pink!
ha ha ha such a revelation after only having a white and apricot to love ...and no jean I would never jump on you for wanting more angels ...who could ever resist.

Hi Annette...howya going..good to see you still around,HappyNew Year to you.!How many would you like,I have about 1/2 doz or so if you want. I really hadn't given trades a thought when I put this offer up...just pleased to share...but like all plant lovers/collectors...it is so hard to say nooo.Do you ever come across the ornamental sweet potato...you know with the black or gold leaves...they are grown up your way...I can't find them anywhere here...they are so nice ...if not then if you still have ruellia humilis a couple cuttings would be nice(pup destroyed the one you sent last time)...You will have to dmail your address as I don't think I still have it.
Have cuttings of this too if anyone still interested.

Thumbnail by brical1

Hi Judy,

I sent you a dmail, yes I lurk, like to keep up with what everyone is doing,very exciting to see new plants from others gardens, it is also bad as temptation is put in the way to get more new play things hehe.

Annette

Jean do you still want cuttings of frosty Pink LOL? ...I can still send you some(lots)..if you need/want?Do you want some of this other Hib too? As for a trade ...well hadn't given that a thought but as you have kindly offered what do you have?

Annette how did the angel cuttings I sent ...go for you?

The cuttings struck, must be the constant humidity, got a selection of salvia seeds getting ready to go your way, anything else on the wishlist that I can help you with, thanks for the brug cuttings, how soon do you think before they flower?

Annette

I am very happy they struck for you ...up in your climate you might have flowers in the autumn as I sent above the Y cuttings and they flower quickly ...when ever you like some salvia seeds would be lovely but no rush ...I think they (the angels) may need dappled shade up there or at least afternoon protection. I thought you may have lost them. I am so thrilled today to find a growing pod on my Butterbomb brug ...daddy was Bengal Tiger. I have been greatly surprised by pods on Musketeer too as I could not cross him last year ...leads me to think some kinds cross more easily with some than others ...to be continued ...^_^

melbourne, Australia

brical, if there is any left i would love to try anything that you have. i could only offer you some opium poppy seeds, flanders poppy seeds, white sweet pea seeds or some groundcovering succulent cuttings.
shelly

Shelly,I will gladly post some off to you.send me a dmail with your addy. After this I will now use the mulcher guilt free!lol

Annette,Jean & Shelly ,your cuttings have been posted.Sorry about the delay but could not make it to p.o before today.Even though they will most prob be in p.o over the weekend they should still be good...all are fresh and well packed.
Shelly,I threw in a few extras for you because you are only starting out.
Judy

Thumbnail by brical1
Merino, Australia

Ah ha now I see the little path. I am moving into your yard Judy. It looks so beautiful. I will plant a cutting of the Oleander and Hibiscus right next to my new extension so I can see you there. I already talk to Chrissy (my angels ) and others who have given me bits. it's so nice to walk around and talk to you all in the garden,
Thank you for the new ones. I'm sure they will arrive in good health.
Jean.

Judy your variegated ginger is flowering way ahead of mine ...don't you just love it ? your garden looks lovely as usual.I have three garlic vine seeds germinated (they germinated in the warm water soak) so far ...I am really excited about that just a little unsure what to do next ...do they transplant from a cup to the site ok? or do you need to put them straight into the place you want them to grow? ...what conditions do they favour? warm shade? rich soil? like passionfruit for example, like water ? and all that jazz?
sorry to be a nuisance but I don't want to lose them. Thanks so much once again.

Oh...I am really pleased for you chrissy.Did you try all the seeds or only a few? Can you show a pic I would love to see them..do what you do when you germinate your brug seeds just place in a small cup/pot....As if you have to ask me huh?lol!!I germinate a lot of seeds through the 'baggie method'...you know why? I am an impatient person thats why and I like to see whats germinating now!!(I can check all I want)...then I pot into small individual pots

Yes all of them but I think only about 6 or 7 will pop, three popped in the warm water ...I put them in a covered yoghurt container with a see through lid in a little warm water ...then placed it on the middle part of the foxtel box (I know naughty but the yoghurt container is sealed.) three seeds swelled up and were poking little noses out while the others were just swollen, it's funny it smelled of chinese broth when I opened it ...garlic ...onion broth. I freaked out at the heat and decided if they like hot then now was the time. My poor outdoor brugs are doing it tough ... sunburned leaves. I agree with you re snaplock bags but I was nervous about these seeds as they are unfamiliar to me being in that paper case and all. I am delighted! ^_^

melbourne, Australia

oh thanks so much judy.
so excited to be getting new stuff for the garden. its slowly filling up and a lot of that has to be from the kind generosity on these boards. fantastic people.
shelly xx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.