September 9, 2001

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh My! I've been busy... Like when do you remember me not posting? A whirlwind of parties, baby showers, Grandbaby sitting and on top of it all I said I'd take call for a local hospital. So much of a relief to take my cup of coffee and set in my old metal chair and contemplate my philosophy of life... something like that. My old metal lawn chairs set under a couple of fairly large walnut trees. These are loaded with walnuts. I keep my houseplants outside in the summer under these trees. Nice not to have to water them when it rains. OK, so I was so proud of my new little brugs I traded for the other week on plant trading! They have perked up so well. but alas , the top was broke out of one... at a closer look I could see a walnut laying in the bottom of the pot.. What are the odds of the 1 walnut that has fallen so far taking aim at one of my newly prized plants. The top is now in water and I think the base of the plant will branch out. geezz. It is also the time when I question my sanity.. I LOVE plants. I have been worried where I will put them all this winter. My little plant porch is well little. I keep thinking I'm going to fix a bracket to hang my hanging baskets above the sink in the kitchen... hmmm.. I just recently had a weak moment and bought a cool episcia. Yesterday at the baby shower I unashamedly asked for leaves from a beefsteak begonia. anyway.. I really think God does work in mysterious ways. My middle daughter asked me if I had any extra plants for her Kindergarden class. She teaches in a very poor neighborhood in the city. She doesn't even send some work home with her kids, because she doesn't know if they will have a crayon to do their work!.. This daughter haunts garage sales for extra children's books, etc.. anyhow- my extra plants will have an interesting home.
Shoe -- bummer about the dentist stuff.. been there. I have had some enlightening experiences setting there with that drill in my mouth. But even the discussion of it worries me.. I often wonder how many gold teeth I will end up with. I have three so far. Yikes!
I hear steady rain outside now. Glad I've already done the feeding this AM. The grass is wonderfully green and lush.. My sheep are fat. The crazy livestock is so spoiled around here. The baby goslings are almost grown.
MaryE, guess you should be home today from your ride?
Well, another cup of coffee and to surf through some of the other forums. Since I'm first this morning I think I can be the one to say, "Count Your Blessings".

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!