2009 QUILTING GOALS!

Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Ok...I’ve been SERIOUSLY MIA from all the great threads in the “Sewing~Quilting” area of Daves! I had two weeks OFF for Christmas and I tweaked my back badly in early Dec. So...... I spent my entire vacation going back and forth to the chiropractor and while better I’m still not 100%. What a huge waste of two weeks off! I met my Christmas goals, but it was work as opposed to fun and light hearted. I managed to keep a smile on my face, but it wasn’t’ easy at times.

I met my holiday sewing goals of getting my Christmas wall hanging, and 2 quilts finished from mid November to mid December, but I was living on Tylenol/Ibuprofen to stay at the sewing machine that long. I also made another quilt top, but it’s for a January surprise not anything to do with Christmas. I will NEVER EVER bite off this much for a Christmas season again!! I wore myself to a frazzle, but was MOST pleased when everyone got their quilt pkgs ON TIME and then called just thrilled with their blankets (my son, daughter-in-law and mother-in-law!) It would have ALL been just wonderful had I not hurt my back getting something down from a very high shelf. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr@ me! Live and Learn!!! Next time... I’ll get a dang step stool.

So... I came up with *2009 GOAL* to make one small block from every quilt / wall hanging / table runner I make (from leftover scraps). Then at the end of 2009 I’m going to make myself either a wall hanging / little lap warmer / or even a table runner to remind me of alll I have accomplished during year. These blocks have many nicknames, but I THINK they are the centers of the “Court House Steps” block (I think). It’s just a 4.5” center with 2.5” strips sewn on for borders. Sides sewn on first...top/bottom attached second. I just strip piece them and it takes no time to whip one up. I’m also going to start JOURNALING allll my quilts in photos and an album. Luckily I have kept an up-to-date photo file of my past quilts so I have what I need to get going on the project.

HOW ABOUT IT? Anyone else care to join me in this endeavor??? PLEASE add your 2009 quilting/sewing goals in here!

Here’s scrap blocks from the quilts I made in late 2008, and you can see how easy they are. I have a few more to make from my other projects earlier in the year.

Thumbnail by Highmtn
This thread has 262 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!