Tennessee Warbler (Vermivora peregrina)

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Nice Warbler nanny! I love the way you show how they can camouflage so well! I think this is an important part of seeing how birds live in nature. ^_^

Thanks wallaby!

I prefer taking more natural looking pics of birds in their natural surroundings versus the posed "magazine like pics". So they may not be as "pretty". So many birds have more than one look too. I think that is a componet is not shown well in books.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I agree with you totally nanny, when I Iook at a bird I don't see a magazine, I don't happen to be very fond of magazines, lol, but am fond of birds in nature!

I have noticed with yellow feathers the sun glares on them, I had a terrible time with my baby Blue tits, lol, kids. Fortunately I downloaded the free Vista Windows Live Photo Gallery which has very good brightness, contrast, shadows and highlight features. I find the highlight one is great to take off glare, which mine had plenty of, lol, and it was a shame because the baby birds were not only being fed, they were being taught to take food from the end of the beak! I would never have known if I didn't get it on pics, one session went on for about 2 minutes so if I didn't guess I may have been a bit stupid, lol.

Yours has very little glare, but the yellow blends with the colour of buds etc. its on, they are clever! I think the feathers may be designed to produce sun glare, lol, a bit like the invisible man so they can't be seen so easily.

I do need a better photo editing program no question about it. The area where I photograph is in a bad location for sun glare. I will check that one out! I have lots of pics with bad glare issues....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.