I am new to the Equine Forum

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Hello, Finally broke down and bought a subscription to DG so I could have access to this forum.... And I was following Jayryunen too...
Anyhooo I hang alot on the Poultry forum and now I have bookmarked this forum as well.

I own 3 horses.
My Gracie is a Pali Rescue I have owned her for going on 3 years and we turned our first barrels in 2008 with no formal training... We attempt to rope, but what we really love to do is chase them steers back up to the chute... I hear she has some team penning in her, and by the way she chases after the cows she likes it.. She really dont like the rope swung above her, but is getting use to it.

My Chyanne is a BLM mustang a gift from my son on Valentines day after she broke her first owners ribs in January... I started her off on ground work, and June rode my first Gymkana on her. In October my boy (Billy who is almost 3) started his first gymkana series on her... I am happy to mention, she rides in just a halter no bit and is an awesome horse to both me and Billy.

My Thund'r is a Paint/Quarter will be 3 in April. He is a 3rd generation Reminic with stopping power like you would not believe. He was born out of my first mare, Miss Jest'r and Skeeter Nic .. Funny did not even know she was with foal till he hit the ground. I have been hands on him since. At his 2 year and 5 day mark, I put the first saddle on him, at his 2 year and 6 day I got in that saddle. He is continuting his ground work until he has reached his 3 year mark, then if his knees are closed, we will start saddle training.

I own 2 dogs, my Tiny who is a cross chuweenie.... chuaha and doxin dog and a Blue Heeler Boo

Oh and there is Billy. I really dont own him, I am just raising him. He is my grandson and has lived with ne since he was 4 months old. His first county fair he was 18 months and won a blue, he has competed in the lead class now for the last 2 fairs... He is starting his first Gymkana series this year, and is the youngest on the series..

I live out on a ranch with a Arena for my front yard and horse stables up on the hill behind my back pen for chyanne.... I love it...
Will start uploading my pixs...

Miss Jest'r aka Roseane
First Pix is Billy at his first Gymkana on Chyanne

Thumbnail by MissJestr
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!