Can Anyone Help Me with This Weird Powder?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I have some of this on my the very tops of my garden stakes supporting my tomatos and a few on the very tips of my tomato plants. Can you identify as this has never happened before? I know they are eggs but GOOD OR BAD?

Thumbnail by Tplant
The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Have you found out yet?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

No! I hit it with insecticide and that was it. I'm not taking any chances.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I and several of my gardening friends are having a problem with a new (?) pest, pink mealybug on hibiscus plants. Maybe that is what you have too. We had an owner of a local nursery at our garden club meeting last week and we spoke about this problem. He believes that the only thing that will take care of it is a systemic and he recommended Fertilome Systemic Tree & Shrub Drench. I just bought a bottle but have not applied it yet.

We are just getting those into Texas. The working ingredient in your insecticide is imidacloprid, and I know they are testing it in the West Indies. I understand that you follow this treatment with Orthene as a foliar spray?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I was told to cut the hisbiscus way back before I do the first treatment with the systemic but the foliar spray was not advised. I will check into it. Thanks.

Wake Forest, NC(Zone 7b)

Please don't use the systemic on your tomatoes!

Please don't use either one on your tomatoes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.