CLOSED: Have: Okra Mix for SASBE

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

I have a fairly plentiful pack of mixed okra seeds of unknown varieties that I received with an assortment of other seeds. However, okra doesn't grow here without monumental assistance so I only grow selected varieties.

If anyone in a hotter area would like to give these a try, they're all yours.

~Amanda

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7b)

Amanda, I grow okra 'trees' here in 7b (had to axe down the trunks this fall). Are they not growing because it is not hot enough or some other reason? I would love to take your okra; I'll send dmail. Thanks. Stacey

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello Stacey,

Fabulous! I was hoping someone might want to give the seeds a home. It sounds like these will grow most splendidly in your area then. I've definitely yet to have to axe down an okra ;)

Even though I'm in zone 8b, we're maritime here and while the Pacific ocean keeps us mild in the winter, it also prevents us from heating up in the summer. If left to its own devices the okra just doesn't get the heat it needs to ripen up here. I grow mine under plastic to heat things up, but I just don't have the room to grow a lot of them under plastic which is why I like to stick to growing okra seeds that I know the variety of.

But for a warmer area, I'm sure these seeds will produce lots of very tasty fruit. I received your D-mail and will send my address your way. Thanks for taking them!

~Amanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.