Common Pheasant, Ring-necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus)

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Wallaby,
Aren't you getting a little carried away with the number of pictures your submitting, for a single species?

I would suggest you select 2 or 3 of your best pictures, and not monopolize a single species.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am selecting a variety of males, females, as well as young birds in different situations. I see others entering many pics of a single bird, so why tell me this? I have tried not to select many pics of the same bird in the same situation as I have seen some do, so please tell me what your problem is?

This particular picture is the only one I have entered of a young hen Pheasant.

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

I'm saying there have been 22 pictures of Ring-necked Pheasant entered, and you have entered 21 of them!

I would call that monopolize a single species.

This is suppose to be a data base, allow room for others to add to the data base. Two or three pictures should plenty for one person to enter in the data base, for a single species.

Gary

Gary, it is not your place to tell me that. I'm sorry if I have a lot of different pics of Pheasants in different situations, as well as males, females, and young of both. If there is only one other pic then I guess there is room for mine, and I still guess there is room for more but I don't know how many people will have pics of these. You may have a couple? Then put them in and stop judging!

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I have to disagree with you Gary!
I've never felt Wallaby monopolizing a single specie!
I have learnt a lot with the pics she so generously submit, we not only get good pics of species in different situations and illustrations of behaviour but on top of that valuable founded information!
I witnessed in several occasions that she stimulates people to enter a specie into the files when they got the ID they asked for.
So your insinuation of her motivations are I would say presumptuous if not rude!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.