Wanted: Eryngium alpinum 'Blue Star'

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7b)

I would LOVE to have this sea holly for the gorgeous color. If anyone has some seeds for this, you may have anything on my have list just shy of my first born (you probably don't want her though; high maintainance, expensive to keep; a 'teenager', should speak volumes). Any sea holly collectors out there? Thanks. Stacey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have eryngium planum 'Blue Hobbit' which I luv so much I'm going to seed taller sea hollys in 2010. The 'Blue Star' is a beauty!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7b)

How tall is the "Blue Hobbit"? I have some Eryngium leavenworthii that is a bright violet and gets about 3 feet tall. Let me know if you want some because I have TONS of seed for this and few takers. :) I like that when you dry these they retain their color and are great in dried arrangements.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

"Blue Hobit" is very compact - about 8". The ernygium leavenworthi is a pretty purple. Sending you a dmail.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Is this plant considered a Thistle ? I know it is suppose to be a Texas Wildflower but I don't know if they grow this far south, I don't remember seeing any but will keep my eye out.

willowwasp

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks Willowwasp. Well I don't know if it is a 'thistle', but the seed heads do have an ovalish shape sorta like thistles except I remember the thistles as being more round than the sea holly variety I have anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.