Second Hand Shopping

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm not much of a shopper. I have friends that spend almost every weekend hopping from one yard sale or flea market to another and have a wonderful time doing it. They pick up useful things, antiques or collectibles, gifts and if nothing more some cheap entertainment.
I don't go to yard sales or flea markets often, mostly because I come home with things I don't really need. Not because they don't have inexpensive and interesting things. My husband and son's love stopping at yard sales. Ric has taken to shopping at the second hand shops. He likes the Salvation Army Shops and we have gotten some very nice things there. One of my son's recently bought his first home and we picked up a lot of nice stuff at a yard sale and up at the SAS. He got an attractive solid wood table in very good condition that seats 10 for $40.
I told Ric to look for an ice bucket for me. I wanted one to use as a container to put my kitchen scraps in for composting. He came home with a really nice one for $3 and a very good hand carved decoy signed and dated also $3 a very nice addition to my collection.
The ice bucket will replace that old plastic ice cream container I've been using for more than a year and will look a whole lot nicer sitting on my kitchen counter.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!