the project that saved my sanity:)

Ashland City, TN

Hi there. I usually am on the mosaic forum but thought I'd peek over here and see what you guys are up to:)

Here is a project I finished in 1994. It was born out of pure - plain boredom!! My husband and I were stationed over seas with the Army and I didn't have anything to keep me artistically entertained so I bought some backing and some embroidery thread and just began....didn't know what I was doing and if you look closely you can see sometimes I went the wrong way with the thread - but 9 years later...TADA!!

Lessons learned....ALWAYS do this type needle work in a "ring" (ya know those things that hold your work stiff). I paid a lady $80 to stretch and starch this baby into shape and boy did it take here a long time and a lot of stretching.

do and learn:)

Thumbnail by scarediecat
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!