Rosary Vine - String of Hearts Seed

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi,
My String of Hearts is putting out a load of seed pods and I've been collecting them as they are ripening. This is the first year it's put out so many. I think I'd like to start some of the seeds, but not sure what they "need". Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
mj

I've collected more seeds, am holding for "Special trades" ...am looking for fragrant salvia's and different bee balm...(moranada)..let me know what you have???????????

This message was edited Jan 12, 2009 3:21 PM

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I couldn't find any cultivation notes in Thompsons & Morgan's Database .. A good rule to follow is plant seeds no deeper than the seeds are thick. If the seeds are teeny tiny, like pepper grains you'll probably want to plant them on the surface of good draining potting soil and barely cover them. Some seeds require light to germinate and others don't so cover all of them.

I'd like to give them a try, I have some Monarda punctata, Spotted Bee Balm aka Horse Mint.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/210264/

Let me know if you are interested.

X

They are bigger than pepper grains. Trying to think of something to compare them to. Bigger than Salvia seeds..longer with pointed ends. Not as long as say, a Marigold seed.
I'd love to trade for the horsemint. I'll try to get them sent tomorrow, but might be Monday.
This is fun!!!!
Oh...will you let me know how they do for you? Pics of the kids?
mj

Got your address from the address exchange, I'm there too.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Great .. I'll get yours off Saturday.

X

La Grange Park, IL

Hi,
I would like to trade for your Rosary Vines . Do you still have my address. The pregnant onions are doing very well.
Debbie Lavery

debbie,
you have dmail

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.