Show Us Your Bird Feeders Vol.10

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Well I will go ahead and start the new thread I guess! They had an Holiday Open House at my WBU last weekend. If you RSVP'd you and your guest got gift bags which a re reuseable shopping bags. They had assorted goodies in the too. We each got one of these wooden suet feeders which made me happy. Like I told DH...one can never have to much suet...his response...the woodpeckers eat better than we do!! LOL

In case you wish to revisit where we came from
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/918409/

This message was edited Dec 21, 2008 10:51 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

The Buntings got a present this morning....a second one of the feeders they like so much.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Hebron, KY

Nanny,

I used to have upside down thistle feeders for the Goldfinches, but the seed would cake up at the bottom and sometimes the bottom would fall out after use, so I switched to the Stokes Finch Feeder, the Stokes Giant Combo Feeder (but, it's very heavy with seeds), the Stokes Finch Tube Feeder and I've been using the Thistle Socks (3 of them), but I'm wondering if I should quit using them during the Winter months.

I haven't been using the Giant Feeder lately, since it's so heavy, but I'm thinking to going back to it and try it again.

http://www.stokesselect.com/products/template/product_detail.php?PHPSESSID=762524d4f2f74d99cb0071ac767973ec&item_id_D=125

http://www.stokesselect.com/products/template/product_detail.php?PHPSESSID=762524d4f2f74d99cb0071ac767973ec&item_id_D=122

http://www.stokesselect.com/products/template/product_detail.php?PHPSESSID=762524d4f2f74d99cb0071ac767973ec&item_id_D=6

GP,

The Buntings will love coming over to your yard, even more with an extra feeder for them! :-)

Marilyn

This message was edited Dec 21, 2008 11:38 PM

Okay, now GP is that feeder from Duncraft?? I would real like to get one for the buntings in time for spring.

Thanks Marilynbeth!

This poor Blue Jay says all about the weather today our high this afternoon was 13. It is now 2 with below zero windchills!

ooops wrong thread! lol

This message was edited Dec 21, 2008 7:55 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Yes, it's from Duncraft, and on sale now. Item number 1256.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Thanks!

Richmond, VA

Here's a couple shots of my Gemini Feeder.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/JMBoehling/Gemini/PC110050.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/JMBoehling/Gemini/PC110051.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/JMBoehling/Gemini/PC110047.jpg

This feeder has magnetic perches to keep the squirrels away!

www.geminifeeders.net

This message was edited Dec 21, 2008 8:19 PM

Marlton, NJ

Welcome aboard dolfans!

That's a neat feeder!

Hebron, KY

Welcome dolfans!

Glad to have you!

I'll have to read more about the Gemini Feeder when I'm 'fresher' and more awake.

Marilyn

Marlton, NJ

Nanny that's nice you got a free suet feeder.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning,Can you see it?

Thumbnail by arejay59
Marlton, NJ

LOL arejay! Make me feel better about our 0 degree windchill!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

arejay...too much cold for me...brrr...

The Goldfinches love this cheapo feeder...less than $8 at Lowe's!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Marlton, NJ

I have that one Rose.

Glen Burnie, MD

I tried the BestNest Dartmouth Caged Feeder (hoping to get rid of pigeon pests);
it was a bust. Just didn't look like I pictured. So I rigged something myself - I put
up some 3ft garden fencing in a big circle, with chicken wire over the top. Not
pretty by any means, but the pigeons can only get in a couple at a time, so at
least the other guys have a chance to eat something.

Something cool recently - a mockingbird's been hanging around the lilac bush
where the above feeding area is. It doesn't seem at all afraid of me. As a matter
of fact, it startled me the other day when I stood up & it was in the bush, only
about 2ft from my face. Then today, I didn't see it in the bush, turned around &
almost did a header over it 'cause it was on the ground right behind my foot! I'm
hoping my buddy sticks around; it's been a hoot.

Merry Christmas, folks!

dang...will have to see if my lowes has it!

Hebron, KY

I'll have to look at our Lowe's next time I'm there. It does look like a good feeder Rose! Can't beat the price either!

Marilyn

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL...you guys crack me up...I know you need more feeders!! I don't know how the plastic will hold up if I drop it especially in the cold temps but at least it is easy to fill and wash and it has a deal that holds the lid down in the wind! Pelle...do your birds like yours?

Hebron, KY

LOL

How much seed does the feeder hold Rose?

Marlton, NJ

I haven't had mine up in a while Rose.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Marilyn...I'm not sure how much it holds...I would say more than a thistle sock though.

Pelle...you sound like me, I have feeders waiting in the "wings" also! LOL!

Marlton, NJ

Hi Rose, I should use it as an alternate while cleaning others.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Pelle...that's what I do now..instead of having a kazillion feeders out at one time I have replacements on hand. It takes the pressure off of getting them cleaned and dried!

Rose, these companies should be paying you!! LOL

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL Nanny! I wish someone would invent a feeder that is easy to clean and fill, doesn't blow in the wind and doesn't clog up in the rain, snow or ice! Is that asking too much?

naaa....I asked for the exact same thing!! lol

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

ooo, great feeders all! Hey "R"Jay, looks like you got a "dusting" of snow!!!

So now the quest for the best "Bunting" feeder begins...

not for me, nanny , I don't get buntings :(

Hebron, KY

You said it nanny! LOL :-)

I want to have more of the Indigo Buntings coming to my feeders next year! They're so sweet and beautiful!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

The Indigo's seemed to prefer the caged feeders when they were here this year.

The birds got this feeder for Christmas! I think it will be easy to clean and hopefully the weather will be kind to it. The Goldfiches are always game for a new toy!! And no they didn't need another one but it was on sale!!

Thumbnail by dellrose

That looks like a nice feeder, rose.

Here is a picture of some of my set-up from outside. You can see how close things are to the window, for my shooting ease…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Boy rose, that one really has it's head stuck in there! LOL

Hebron, KY

Great pics everyone!

Rose,

I'd like to try your quote on my DH (refering to getting more feeders) and see it will work! LOL

"...but it was on sale!" :-)

That's a nice feeder Rose.

Mrs Ed,

I like that whole peanut feeder you have! I remember seeing it at WBU last Winter, but didn't have the $$ for it at the time. Maybe later.

Thanks Marilyn, I got that for a birthday present. I stood in a WBU with my Mom and said "Wow, THIS would be a really nice present for someone who likes to feed the birds!" then I fluttered my eyelashes!

Hebron, KY

Mrs Ed,

LOL!

'The old... hint, hint, hint'! :-)

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL Nanny and Marilyn!

Mrs. Ed...nice set up!!

Here is a close up showing how far they have to stick their head into the feeder.

Thumbnail by dellrose

Too funny Rose! "helloooooo, Is anybody down there?"

Marlton, NJ

bump LOL

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Hee...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.