Question

Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

I was reading Sheila's "new to quilting" thread, and got to wondering how all of you got started with quilting. (If this is an old topic, I apologize, I'm new to this forum also.) I was taught by my DMIL about 28 years ago - she taught me on the old wooden quilting frames. I have many precious and fond memories of quilting with her. She's been gone about 11 years now, and every single time I sit and quilt, I think of her! Although I wouldn't change the fact that I learned from her, I'm sure I learned a bunch of "bad" habits - for example, she bound her quilts by folding over the backing to the front of the quilt, and sewing it......I've since learned about binding techniques! So, how did you all learn? Oh, and I agree with Sheila - quilting is addicting!!

Karen

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!